• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redshirt Juniors playing final game Saturday?

Can't imagine he isn't. Of course I meant last game in the black and gold.

We have committed 20+ kids and have 9 seniors including the graduates so I would expect a big list. Teddy Matthews, Jonathan Williams, James Ward?

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_e098d459-e4f9-5c0c-92d1-91f6248a65d3.html

Sounds like we'll have several more guys playing their last game Saturday other than the 6 seniors, anybody know names?

I'm curious as well. It seems certain that James Ward, Joel Suggs, Jonathon Williams and Teddy Matthews would be on the list. I would think Steve Donatell as well (even though he has been getting some PT lately). That would trim the team down to 90 projected scholarship players.

The biggest question mark would seem to be Shelldon Lewinson. I would really like to see him return. He's been a solid contributor since returning from injury.

I would be surprised if Jared Crump, Josh Banks, Ryan Janvion or Ty Hayworth were leaving. Any of those would hurt if they left.

I'm curious as well. It seems certain that James Ward, Joel Suggs, Jonathon Williams and Teddy Matthews would be on the list. I would think Steve Donatell as well (even though he has been getting some PT lately). That would trim the team down to 90 projected scholarship players.

The biggest question mark would seem to be Shelldon Lewinson. I would really like to see him return. He's been a solid contributor since returning from injury.

I would be surprised if Jared Crump, Josh Banks, Ryan Janvion or Ty Hayworth were leaving. Any of those would hurt if they left.

I agree on, I would hate for any of those guys to leave. Lewinson has been playing well and if Banks works his way back in Clawson's good graces we could actually be fairly deep at DT next year, even losing Harris to graduation.

Crump would fit in nicely to the K.J. Brent spot....

Crump would fit in nicely to the K.J. Brent spot....

Yeah, but I'm hoping Washington or the other true freshman Clawson is high on fits better. I'm not overly impressed with Crump's speed.

Is Chubb an NFL prospect?

I heard from somebody who talked to him that he said he doesn't want to play in the NFL, even if he gets drafted. He's a smart guy and apparently doesn't want the abuse on his body. I guess it is possible that this guy misunderstood him somehow, or that he could change his mind when he evaluates his stock, though, as he seems like a great prospect.

I heard from somebody who talked to him that he said he doesn't want to play in the NFL, even if he gets drafted. He's a smart guy and apparently doesn't want the abuse on his body. I guess it is possible that this guy misunderstood him somehow, or that he could change his mind when he evaluates his stock, though, as he seems like a great prospect.

Wow, that would be surprising. I wonder where's he projected in the draft?

YwgbT16.gif

No chance Ty Hayworth leaves unless this is a Cory Helms situation. Hayworth has been WF's best offensive lineman. Obviously, the staff will be talking to some red-shirt seniors and let them know that they may want to move on, but that won't be the case with Hayworth.

Were you the same guy saying Kinal didn't want to play in the NFL? Don't buy that or this.

Were you the same guy saying Kinal didn't want to play in the NFL? Don't buy that or this.

I've never had any insight on Kinal. Chubb volunteers most weekends with an organization called H.O.P.E. in W-S, and one of their other regular volunteers told me that they talked about it one day. I was pretty surprised to hear it and somewhat skeptical myself.

I have to think that Donatell's dad can pay for one semester (next Fall) at Wake. Hope he returns.

I would think that next season Cam Serigne, if anybody, would actually have a chance to leave early for the NFL draft. 6'3 245. Who knows. When we start getting really top notch players, we will have to get used to a few leaving early every now & then.

I've never had any insight on Kinal. Chubb volunteers most weekends with an organization called H.O.P.E. in W-S, and one of their other regular volunteers told me that they talked about it one day. I was pretty surprised to hear it and somewhat skeptical myself.

Sorry about that. Must have been Johnny Deac or some similar handle. Chubb will be playing on Sunday if given the opportunity, I'm quite certain of that.

Back