• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DUKE game

DeacAssured

Reaction score
Should be competitive but if anyone thinks it will be anything less than a tough game to win then they do not know the history of this game between these two.

Clawson and team MUST find more intensity than displayed last two games which were decent demonstrations of focus to the end. Duke will bring their A game harder than ND or Clemson which may surprise the players.

Three weeks ago many believed Wake had no upsets in them. Beating Duke still equates to upsetting Duke.

Regardless of outcome hopefully the fans will stay for the conclusion to thank an improving team!

DeacAssured;2283845[B said:
]Should be competitive but if anyone thinks it will be anything less than a tough game to win then they do not know the history of this game between these two.[/B]

Clawson and team MUST find more intensity than displayed last two games which were decent demonstrations of focus to the end. Duke will bring their A game harder than ND or Clemson which may surprise the players.

Three weeks ago many believed Wake had no upsets in them. Beating Duke still equates to upsetting Duke.

Regardless of outcome hopefully the fans will stay for the conclusion to thank an improving team!

I doubt anyone thinks that and I am very pumped for this game. Sure, no bowl game is on the line, but I want to see our guys beat Duke so bad!

Should be competitive but if anyone thinks it will be anything less than a tough game to win then they do not know the history of this game between these two.

Considering we haven't beaten Duke since 2011 I don't think anyone takes this game lightly. I don't know about them bringing an A game harder then Clemson or ND but I think it's fair to say Duke wants to get a W to ensure a winning year. We'll have to play well to beat Duke and I would love to see it happen! Go Deacs!

Duke is favored by 4.

Clawson's two year ACC record is 2-13. His two conference wins were 3-0 and 6-3 in OT. Pretty sure that anyone with a pulse and who are at all familiar with WF football who think this will be a tough game for WF. Would be great to score a TD or 4 and get a win in an ACC game.

At the start of the year, Duke's defense played very well, but in recent weeks just awful:

First 6 games: 56 points (9.3 ppg average)
Last 5 games: 212 points (42 ppg average)

Duke is favored by 4.

Clawson's two year ACC record is 2-13. His two conference wins were 3-0 and 6-3 in OT. Pretty sure that anyone with a pulse and who are at all familiar with WF football who think this will be a tough game for WF. Would be great to score a TD or 4 and get a win in an ACC game.

At the start of the year, Duke's defense played very well, but in recent weeks just awful:

First 6 games: 56 points (9.3 ppg average)
Last 5 games: 212 points (42 ppg average)

Pilch, first 6 games of the season, the Dookies also played Tulane, NC Central, Northwestern [who while good has trouble scoring themselves], GT, offensive minded BC & Army.
In their final 5 games they have played VT, Miami, UNC, Pitt & UVa--so a definite step up in competition.

I'm taking a crowd. Why not? It's the last game of the season and the weather should be fine.

If Hinton really wants to make a difference then at this game he needs to perform at his best to carry into spring.

'Deacs beat Duke in season finale'

Preview of headline in tomorrow morning's paper.

Back