• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins

DeacDownUnder

Reaction score
... deserves his own thread. Averaging 10.3 ppg and 6 rpg in 12 minutes per game. Outstanding. He struggled early tonight but obviously finished strong. We've got a keeper. Very bullish on the Class of 2016 at this point based on the staff's ability to identify talent.

Could not agree more, FREE COLLINS, give him minutes!

Collins is a beast
My fave Wake frosh in a long time

Great game and start to the season by the Freshman. With Dinos' first half, it's hard to argue for taking him off the floor. DT also had a great game. Collins did a great job of making his limited minutes matter. Hopefully he can continue to be a high energy guy that will be efficient in time that would be limited by good seasons from Dinos and Thomas. That a pretty good post rotation without any being a prototypical center. Moore can come along more slowly. Crawford's emergence is making us look better at guard with CMM still set to come back. Let's hope McClinton can develop and fit into a productive role as a garbage 3 balanced with more offensive production from Hudson on the wing.

Its early, but Collins looks like he could be the best post player we've had since Big E

Great size, hands and energy. He's much more polished then most freshmen big men.

I think I'm most impressed with his footwork.

Collins looks like a taller Sam Ivy but with Kenny Green talent down low.

Crowded frontcourt with Devin Dinos and JC all playing really well and Doral intriguing as well. Wish one of them could play the 3 but I don't see it.

How in the world was he not considered a top 100 player as a senior? He looks like a top 50 kid based on what we have seen so far.

Its early, but Collins looks like he could be the best post player we've had since Big E

Great size, hands and energy. He's much more polished then most freshmen big men.

Collins doesn't continually put the ball on the floor in traffic his freshman year thank god!

I love John. Hard to blame Manning for not playing him more when he has four fouls in 13 minutes. Once he learns to play without fouling he will be really really good. 10 points and 9 boards in 13 minutes is no joke. He has to be one of the most efficient players in the country.

Back