• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DT

tbpnwe

Reaction score
Let's not forget we road his back for most of the 2nd half. Great moves, big rebounds, and great leadership. Took it to the 6'10" burger boy many times!

Played very well, but very lucky not to get T'd up after scoring and then woofing in the face of his opponent running back to the other end. Feel certain he wouldn't have gotten away with it in a conference game as they are well aware of his history.

Played very well, but very lucky not to get T'd up after scoring and then woofing in the face of his opponent running back to the other end. Feel certain he wouldn't have gotten away with it in a conference game as they are well aware of his history.

Pretty sure he was yelling towards our bench to get his own team fired up, the dude just happened to be right in front of him

Pretty sure he was yelling towards our bench to get his own team fired up, the dude just happened to be right in front of him

This, he even slapped the dude on the butt on the next time down the floor on a dead ball and said something to him. I'd assume he was saying he was talking to the bench.

Indiana has skilled players but they are nothing we don't see in the ACC about half the time. DT was very good. He has some help this year so maybe he won't get as stressed out. Wish he could hit free throws but it ain't gonna happen.

Post game DT said to Stan that he's the leader on the team and he played like it tonight. :thumbsup:

He had some big buckets that stopped the bleeding when we desperately needed it.

Need Devin to show out tonight! I don't know if there are too many big's in the Country that can stop him. Needs to play within himself, find teammates, not force anything and let the game come to him.

Need Devin to show out tonight! I don't know if there are too many big's in the Country that can stop him. Needs to play within himself, find teammates, not force anything and let the game come to him.

This is not sarcasm or anything like that, I promise, just actual curiosity. Could you spare a minute to explain to me what it means for a player to "let the game come to him"? I never understood what that meant and when I saw the phrase come up here I thought I'd see if you or someone else could explain it. I'm probably the only one who doesn't understand it but it wouldn't be the first time I looked like an idiot so what the heck. Thanks

This is not sarcasm or anything like that, I promise, just actual curiosity. Could you spare a minute to explain to me what it means for a player to "let the game come to him"? I never understood what that meant and when I saw the phrase come up here I thought I'd see if you or someone else could explain it. I'm probably the only one who doesn't understand it but it wouldn't be the first time I looked like an idiot so what the heck. Thanks

Don't do things that are outside of your comfort zone or ability. Don't be overly aggressive on the rebounds. Don't turn the ball over. Don't get T'd up.

Basically play within yourself and just let the game slow down and do what you do best.

See when you're a fan, you usually have to travel to the game via your own accord. You're paying for the gas or the car you're driving in, unless you're being responsible and carpooling, but you get my point. When you're a player, you don't need to do that. You have to be at the game, so transportation is provided. So you don't have to go to the game, the game can come to you.

Just saw this. 27 explained it well. Eliminate the forced passes, don't force the ball up in a double team, play with emotion but not anger/vengeance. Devin needs to be the leader he has been through the first 4 games this season. He's been really, really composed and I love it.

Just saw this. 27 explained it well. Eliminate the forced passes, don't force the ball up in a double team, play with emotion but not anger/vengeance. Devin needs to be the leader he has been through the first 4 games this season. He's been really, really composed and I love it.

He's just gotta play within himself.

+18 yesterday, that is incredible considering the score and amount of minutes he was on the court.

Bttt... Ericstratton, this is Devin not letting the game come to him.

Random thought, but could DT play TE in the NFL? Guys do it some: Gates, Graham, Arbuckle all come to mind. Know the colts have or had a guy on their practice squad that played hoops at Miami recently.

Back