• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The next generation of Wake QB should be Hinton

I'll be curious to see how Kyle Kearns performs in spring ball. I do like Hinton, but not sure if he is good enough in the pass game to be an effective long term solution. We'll see, but I believe Wolford is best suited in the FCS level of competition.

I'll be curious to see how Kyle Kearns performs in spring ball. I do like Hinton, but not sure if he is good enough in the pass game to be an effective long term solution. We'll see, but I believe Wolford is best suited in the FCS level of competition.

Deacs94 did a pretty good comparison showing that Hinton isn't far behind Wolford statsically after the Cuse game. Remember Hinton is a freshman and Freshman QBs get better throwing the ball more than they do running the ball (which Hinton already has).

Hinton starts next year, Kearns backing him up and John 3rd string. He's got all kinds of heart, but it takes more than heart to win.

Hinton starts next year, Kearns backing him up and John 3rd string. He's got all kinds of heart, but it takes more than heart to win.

If Kearns is as good as hyped up to be, can we play Hinton in the slot? Does anyone know if he has good hands. He needs to be on the field, if we're not going to play him at qb.

If Kearns is as good as hyped up to be, can we play Hinton in the slot? Does anyone know if he has good hands. He needs to be on the field, if we're not going to play him at qb.

He needs to stay at QB and build the offense around him. He's looks to be easily the best dual threat QB we've ever had.

He needs to stay at QB and build the offense around him. He's looks to be easily the best dual threat QB we've ever had.

But say Kearns beats him out next year......he needs to be on the field. Don't want to see him on the sideline

For some reason or another it seems Claw prefers pocket passers, or at least one would think after this season.

How many games was Hinton healthy enough to play this season? Like 3? Hopefully he eats his Wheaties in the off season.

How many games was Hinton healthy enough to play this season? Like 3? Hopefully he eats his Wheaties in the off season.

He was able to play WAY more than 3. He led us to a victory in the THIRD game of the season and would have been available in the first two if necessary. He came in due to Wolford's injury not his own. He was available in more like 8 games ( a bit more than 3).

Wolford is a great kid and a pretty good QB, but he turns it over way too much. Hinton can be GREAT. Wolford doesn't have that potential. Wasting Hinton's talents would be a crime. If Clawson won't start him , he should get out of here.

Wolford could be very good, but as you say, Hinton could become great!

It is most troubling that John is making some of the same bone head plays that made last season.

Back