• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Player Attrition Watch Thread

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
Who comes back? We know Donatell, Lewinson, Matthews, Stamey, Suggs, Ward, and JWilliams are not coming back. Although I am skeptical about Lewinson.

Who else do we speculate leaving?

Also, this thread was started regarding any news or transfers?

Who comes back? We know Donatell, Lewinson, Matthews, Stamey, Suggs, Ward, and JWilliams are not coming back. Although I am skeptical about Lewinson.

I hope Lewinson comes back, he's played well this year and the kid always has the biggest smile when he comes through the Deacon Walk.

You sure about this or just guessing?
What's your source of info?

Not true.

Players like Janvion, Banks and Hayworth were not honored today.

Williams, Suggs, Lewinson, Ward, Matthews and Donatell were.

Makes sense.
Thanks.

I should have mentioned the BSD guys who said who was who honored today. Just wanted to start a discussion thread

I think that Lewinson is the only one that was honored today but does not leave. Could be wrong with the scholly count.

With the offer of Arkeem Byrd, it appears that one of Robinson or Wortham is gone, or both.

Why? Wakefield de-committed so there is a spot open.

If all the RBs were staying then why would we offer a RB. We would use Wakefields spot for a WR/TE/DB.

If there were NOT attrition I think the staff would be OK with just Carney because that would leave Colburn, Rocky, Bell, Wortham, Robinson, and Carney. That's plenty.

If all the RBs were staying then why would we offer a RB. We would use Wakefields spot for a WR/TE/DB.

If there were NOT attrition I think the staff would be OK with just Carney because that would leave Colburn, Rocky, Bell, Wortham, Robinson, and Carney. That's plenty.

Unless they think Byrd is better...........

Dan confirmed in the WSJ that Josh Banks is expected back next season. That's good. Didn't know if the end of year suspension would have pushed him out or if Claw was pushing him out

Dan confirmed in the WSJ that Josh Banks is expected back next season. That's good. Didn't know if the end of year suspension would have pushed him out or if Claw was pushing him out

That is good, especially if Lewinson doesn't come back. We can never have too much depth on the defensive front.

For reference's sake, here's my first update to the scholly chart for 2016. It still includes 2015 on there for now, but I updated all redshirt info for the freshmen (as well as Adam Centers), and removed most of the RS Juniors, leaving Crump, Banks, Janvion, Lewinson, and Hayworth.

As usual, lemme know if I made any mistakes here.

QzvB5HK.png

Thanks RSF. I think Gross-Armiento will take the medical. That leaves 4 spots left. Their must be a list of guys who will grey shirt. Most likely the lightest recruited guys. I'll say Masterson, Ray, Grate and Watson. But if we are still looking at more recruits to sign, then somebody else will be leaving. Maybe back filling with the early enrollees?

Back