• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Arkansas, 12/4 @ 7pm, ESPN3 - Free tix to WFBH Employees

DemonDeacs

Reaction score
I know Arkansas is not the team they were last year with the guys they lost and they are 2-3 on the year. Do they still run the full court press which was a nightmare for us last year in Little Rock? Without CMM can we expect Crawford and/or Mitch to get the ball past halfcourt effectively and consistently?

I know Arkansas is not the team they were last year with the guys they lost and they are 2-3 on the year. Do they still run the full court press which was a nightmare for us last year in Little Rock? Without CMM can we expect Crawford and/or Mitch to get the ball past halfcourt effectively and consistently?

yes they will still press.

They still press but aren'y nearly as efficient at it as they were last year. They force turnovers on 20% of opponents possessions (99th most in the country), where as last year they forced it on 22.3% (20th in the country).

Looks like Tech and Stanford had 16 and 15 turnovers against them respectively, and they both came out with victories. Stanford is a bottom 50 team in protecting the ball and Tech is top 100 in protecting the ball, so it seems to be a crapshoot. However, both those teams also are slower than average in terms of tempo.

They play Northwestern State tonight and that could yield a ridiculously high total number of points. Arkansas is the 37th fastest team, and Northwestern State is 40th fastest.

Hopefully we will patiently beat it via the pass, and not have guys like Thomas and Dinos try to dribble through it at 100 mph.

Breaking the press is actually one of the few things we did well last night. I know Arkansas' press is much more dangerous than Rutgers and we will see it far more often, but it at least appears we have a plan and ability to break a press.

They still press but aren'y nearly as efficient at it as they were last year. They force turnovers on 20% of opponents possessions (99th most in the country), where as last year they forced it on 22.3% (20th in the country).

Looks like Tech and Stanford had 16 and 15 turnovers against them respectively, and they both came out with victories. Stanford is a bottom 50 team in protecting the ball and Tech is top 100 in protecting the ball, so it seems to be a crapshoot. However, both those teams also are slower than average in terms of tempo.

They play Northwestern State tonight and that could yield a ridiculously high total number of points. Arkansas is the 37th fastest team, and Northwestern State is 40th fastest.

The stanford game was insane. Arkansas blew a 17 pt lead with about 7 minutes to play. Arkansas just crumbled.

Hudson is the key to breaking the press. He is long and can make the passes over a trap.

Wake has 11 days off for exams after Arkansas, so the following two games would both be good warmup games for CMM before our schedule takes an impossible turn.

She is becoming one. She learned early on it was part of the package.

Good for you.

It's taken my wife a lot longer.
I went to the Orange Bowl and several other games without her

WFU is giving out free tix, 4 per employee, to WFUBH employees. If you have a family member who is an employee, this isnt a bad deal at all.

[h=2]To Pick Up Tickets[/h]Beginning at 5:30 pm on December 4, visit the East Lobby located to the right of the main box office at LJVM Coliseum. Tickets are free with a limit of four per employee while supplies last.

Employees must show their Medical Center ID badge.

Back