• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

iPhone/iPad apps compatible with the new board

Deadbolt

Reaction score
Since I see you guys are using vBulletin, I know there are several apps that allow access to boards using the vBulletin software. I think all it requires is downloading a plug-in by forum admins.

A couple I'm seeing:

-Forum Runner Free
-TouchBB Forum Browser

Any chance one of you guys could take a look and see what it would take to get ogboards usable with one of these apps?

We'll look into this for sure.

Tapatalk is also a popular one, amirite? I've had friends using that before at least.

Yeah, that's another one I've heard of, but I don't know much about it. I also think this same kind of thing is available in the Android market, as well.

Productivity at work will fall to historic new lows, and I, for one, am very excited about it.

Alright, I got us up on Tapatalk since I know that one is one of the more popular apps on Android.

Looking into the other two you mentioned now..

... Installed and published with forumrunner now as well.

.. and TouchBB was the easiest of all, though I can't test for it since it's iOS only. If someone wants to verify that it's working for this that would be great.

Wo, just realized the free version I have on my phone doesn't exist anymore FTL.

It just makes viewing the forums more streamlined and phone compatible so you don't have to constantly pinch zoom/try and hit tiny icons and stuff.

I'd try out forumrunner free, then decide if something like that is worth it to you. Like I said in the other thread, they are very similar.

Is there any way to make it so my ipad/iphone doesn't ask me if I want to download tapatalk every time I go to this board?

Is there any way to make it so my ipad/iphone doesn't ask me if I want to download tapatalk every time I go to this board?

Haha yeah that was probably something added in there with the plugin, those sneaky bastards. Hopefully I can find teh offending code and remove it sometime tomorrow.

Any update on this? I use tapatalk on my phone but safari on my ipad and it's super annoying to hit cancel four times when the little prompt shows up. If it can't be fixed, I'll live, but it would be fantastic!

The big thing is to make sure you've got your cookies enabled, it should only pop up once for each app over the cookie expiration time.

Hmm, they must be clearing upon exit then. By default the apps are only supposed to do that reminder once every six months (per app).

Also, what 4 popups are you getting? There are only 3 apps I've made this site compatible with, so is one of them popping up with the notification twice?

I still get them 4 times regardless of my cookie setting. Now I'm using taptalk, so I guess it accomplished it's goals.

Haha, I'm guessing something isn't planting itself properly then. I'll play around with it in the next couple weeks (though I have a busy week coming up so it probably will be later rather than sooner).

Just switched from touchbb to tapatalk and it doesn't offer much more other than avatars and pics. Question: do any of the mobile apps let you see/add tags and stuff like that?

What's the word on the best Android app to access these boards? Is there a free one that exists?

Forumrunner should have a free version on Android you can use. I personally prefer tapatalk, but that costs a couple bucks.

Those are the only two I've made functional with these boards atm.

Back