• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Giuliani Set to Run in 2012

He only spent about $15-20M to get ZERO delegates last time.

I agree. I don't really have anyone to vote for on either side. I'll probably end up voting for Obama.

I do think it will be Obama v. Romney, which will be an entertaining election just for the voting patterns. Who the hell will southern conservatives vote for?

He only spent about $15-20M to get ZERO delegates last time.

Right..he won't run the same campaign which ignored Iowa and NH to get Florida, where he was already out of it.

He should utterly skip Iowa, he can never win much there but he can grab NH IMO, or at least run a close second to Romney.

IF, and that's a big if, he can make it to states like California, NY, and Florida as the story alludes he will make it an interesting race.

He'll be the only moderate Republican running.

I like when his manager in SC got busted for cocaine distribution. I wonder if he's been paroled yet.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rudys-running_573998.html

He'll have my vote if he runs and is still in it when it gets to NC for the GOP primary.

Romney and Giuliani are the only ones I'll cast a vote for, the rest of the GOP candidates right now are batshit crazy.

You're kidding, right? Clearly you haven't researched the field very much if you think Romney and Giuliani are the only ones who aren't batshit crazy. In fact, you left out the guy who is far and away the best and most qualified candidate in the field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.

Gary Johnson is a legit candidate, but will never make it very far in the primaries. I would consider voting for him.

Guiliani is proof that a fiscal conservative / social liberal is unelectable as a Republican. He'd have a better chance running as a Democrat.

Not sure why I just now made the connection between Huntsman and the Huntsman Center.

Looks like we'll likely see another election between a self-made man and a legacy. I see Romney or Huntsman as the favorite. I don't think there's room for both for religious and rivalry reasons.

I like Huntsman.

+1. Appeals to moderates. Trouble is the far-right part of the party is not enamored with him (and some of his positions) plus he is still relatively unknown as a contender.

Guiliani is proof that a fiscal conservative / social liberal is unelectable as a Republican. He'd have a better chance running as a Democrat.

Which is kind of weird when you consider that many more Libertarians, like myself, will hold their noses and vote pub rather than dem.

I like the fact that Guiliani is more liberal on the social issues like gay rights and abortion. He still thinks the government can win the war on drugs, though.

I think his pictures dressed in a dress should make a good campaign poster in SC and TX.

Not sure why I just now made the connection between Huntsman and the Huntsman Center.

Looks like we'll likely see another election between a self-made man and a legacy. I see Romney or Huntsman as the favorite. I don't think there's room for both for religious and rivalry reasons.

Interesting to have two very viable Republican candidates that are Mormon. I am not so sure how the religious right would feel about that....They (mormons) aren't really seen as Christians as I understand it, more like a cult following of Joseph Smith. Might be interesting...

Interesting to have two very viable Republican candidates that are Mormon. I am not so sure how the religious right would feel about that....They (mormons) aren't really seen as Christians as I understand it, more like a cult following of Joseph Smith. Might be interesting...

they don't especially like each other, either. In 2008 Governor Huntsman endorsed John McCain. Huntsman father endorsed Romney.

Romney will win the Mormon vote, to the extent that it exists in places like Nevada. (primary) He is much more active/affiliated with the church, and more respected within it. Huntsman annoyed a lot of people within LDS communities when he was slow to embrace his faith in a recent interview.

I just ripped you on the NC budget thread, but I'll agree with you wholeheartedly here. Evangelical Christians spend a lot of thier time saying bad things about Mormons. And they should. Even if you think the story of Christianity is 100% straightforward concrete facts, Mormonism is beyond the pale.

Romney winning the nomination would bring a focus on secular versus evangelical/mormon views to the race.

I just ripped you on the NC budget thread, but I'll agree with you wholeheartedly here. Evangelical Christians spend a lot of thier time saying bad things about Mormons. And they should. Even if you think the story of Christianity is 100% straightforward concrete facts, Mormonism is beyond the pale.

Romney winning the nomination would bring a focus on secular versus evangelical/mormon views to the race.

Gotta even things out, huh:)

Back