• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody else feeling pretty good about football this year?

Deacfan

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anybody else think we can make a decent run this year?
My predictions:
I think we win the first 3 and then see what our boys are made out of. games 4-6 are going to be hard but we get FSU and VT at home. we maybe could take one of the games out of BC, FSU, and VT. If we do go 1-2 through those hard 3 games then the season looks good. We beat duke and that puts us at 5 wins going into the UNC game we need 1 more. I think that we come away with a win against Vandy. We could maybe snag a win against the Irish and UNC and I like our chances against MD only because it is at home. Maybe a tad optimistic but I can dream cant I? I think that the schedule that we have really benefits us and we get to see early on what this team is really made of.
IMHO I think that we go 6-6 but we could be either better or a lot worse.

Thoughts?

I think we win 6 or 7. Ready for Spring Game to get here already.

Also ready for the tailgate! Ribsssssss!!

I think we win 6 or 7. Ready for Spring Game to get here already.

Also ready for the tailgate! Ribsssssss!!

we need to start a tailgate party or something... unless there was one from the old forums or something

Grassy Knoll Tailgate. tsy heads it up and is a genius on the grill.

I think 6-6 on the year with at least a competitive showing vs Notre Dame is a good goal. Can't wait for tailgates too

I'm expecting another losing record unless we see significant improvement on defense, especially in the secondary.

wish i was more optimistic. probably better as a team but the reults will be equal or worse.

Think we'll be better but doubt we win more than 4. The defense has a LONG ways to go.

I have the same problem I had last year. There's nothing I can point to on this team and say "our team does this well". It's going to take a lot of improvement just to be competitive. I'm glad there have been changes in leadership, though.

to what changes in leadership are you referring?

I feel very good about football season. But I guess that doesn't really do much for you guys.

Who do you guys play OOC this year?

Think we'll be better but doubt we win more than 4. The defense has a LONG ways to go.

fluffy.jpg

I feel very good about football season. But I guess that doesn't really do much for you guys.

Who do you guys play OOC this year?

Notre Dame is the headliner, with Vandy, and Gardner Webb. Might bs one more.

to what changes in leadership are you referring?

Jim Grobe - Head Coach
Tim Billings - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers
Tom Elrod - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Lonnie Galloway - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Wide Receivers
Keith Henry - Assistant Coach/Special Teams Coordinator
Brian Knorr - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Steed Lobotzke - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line
Ray McCartney - Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Tackles
Billy Mitchell - Associate Head Coach/Running Backs/Kickers
Steve Russ - Assistant Coach/Secondary

Back