• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball coaching changes

I really thought he was toast for the foreseeable future. Is Anderson from Arkansas?

Anybody think Richmond's coach ends up at either State or GT?

Who is really on NCSU's list? Would Rick Barnes or Jay Wright really take the job or is it more logical to think Greg Marshall or another mid-major will end in Raleigh?

IUPUI's Ron Hunter is going to be named Georgia State's basketball coach tomorrow.

It really is depressing. If State get Sean Miller, Rick Barnes, Mooney, or Smart and GT gets one of those coaches we will without a doubt have the worst head coach in the ACC.

We can only hope that there will be another Smart/Mooney/Stevens type up and comer who starts to shine whenever we finally decide to pull the plug on Bzzzzz. Even if we are stuck in the conference cellar with this clown, the fact that the conference as a whole will improve with these new guys at the helm has gotta help us get a decent new coach to build the program around right?

I agree. A stronger group of coaches will hurt us in the short term as long as we are stuck with Bzzz, the worst coach in the ACC. But when Wellman is either fired or forced to replace Bzzz, we will be in a better position if the league is made stronger. I would think the best up and coming coaches would want to come coach in the best league. I just don't buy that coaches are too scared to come compete against Duke and UNC. If they're scared, we shouldn't want them anyway.

Back