• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Public Service Announcement: Mobile Apps

cookoutdeac

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to let everyone out there know that OGBoards is now compatible with a few mobile applications. So all of you smart-phone users can now surf the boards with any of the following apps:

Tapatalk (Android or iOS)
Forumrunner (Android or iOS)
TouchBB (iOS only)

if you have any other suggestions for Apps you use on a daily basis, please let me know about them over on the tech support forum and I'll look into them.

In the future I'm going to look into putting together a dedicated app just for our forums, but that will be quite a few months off.

I prefer/use Tapatalk on my Android phone (and I assume it's not much different on the iPhone version). Forumrunner isn't really a whole lot different from that imo.

I have no idea what TouchBB is like.

Why is one of these apps superior to a mobile browser?

Why is one of these apps superior to a mobile browser?

They are more streamlined to make it a lot easier to post/see things on smaller screens. You don't have to constantly pinch-zoom, hit tiny buttons with fat fingers, etc. Also takes up less bandwidth and loads quicker since it basically only shows you posts/threads, and cuts out the fancy stuff.

Posting via touchbb on my iPod touch. Seems to be working so far. This is the lite version, FYI.

tsywake said:
Posting via tapatalk. Taking some getting used to but I like it.

Trying out features. I guess this will do a quote reply.

Looks like Forumrunner has a demo version on Android; downloading it now. Unless I'm missing something, Tapatalk looks to be $2.99.

Looks like Forumrunner has a demo version on Android; downloading it now. Unless I'm missing something, Tapatalk looks to be $2.99.

Yeah, apparently they removed the demo/free version of that. If you're unsure about paying 3 bucks for something you may not use, I'd try out forumrunner, and if you like that you may want to upgrade to Tapatalk since it seems to be the most popular atm.

I downloaded Tapatalk today. Works very well. Possibly the best part of these new boards for me.

Trying out ForumRunner, like it and will probably keep it. Not sure if I'd pay money to have the capabilities on my phone. My screen is 4.3 inches so I can see quite a bit even in "regular" internet browsing.

Back