• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Found Anything Yet, RJ...Shoo?

dirtydeac

Reaction score
I know you guys are helping the Washington Post and NY Times investigate Palin's emails. :D

Ton of grammatical errors.

Turns out she corrected her typos with white out.

Ton of grammatical errors.

Turns out she corrected her typos with white out.

Eh, that's what you get when need to attend multiple colleges to receive a degree in journalism.

I understand that this is so shocking to the British left that the Guardian felt it necessary to make it front-page news. Americans, not so much.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/11/sarah-palin-god-alaska-budget?intcmp=239

Sarah Palin sought advice from an unusual source when she was deliberating over how to frame the Alaskan state budget in 2008 – she called on God for guidance, according to emails released under freedom of information.

In an email written in March 2008 she said that she had been praying for direction over the financial negotiations. "I have been praying for wisdom on this ... God will have to show me what to do on the people's budget because I don't yet know the right path ... He will show me though."

Is it some sort of victory for Palin if she didn't say something really stupid in her emails (the God one is pretty stupid though)? It's amazing how much you can achieve when expectations are so low; so much so that wackjobs will trash talk simply because evidence of expected stupidity isn't found. Reminds me of how people thought Bush won the debates against Gore simply because the expectations for Bush were so low, and he surpassed them, while Gore did pretty much as expected.

I'm sure all the really stupid ones have been redacted though.

Its funny how desperate the MSM are to trash Palin.

She's dumb and harmless. Leave her be.

Asking for God's help is really that bad? Really? One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All? And we are going to complain about a leader praying for wisdom? I dislike Palin as much as the next guy, but you have to be trying pretty hard to have a problem with a Christian praying for wisdom.

Asking for God's help is really that bad? Really? One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All? And we are going to complain about a leader praying for wisdom? I dislike Palin as much as the next guy, but you have to be trying pretty hard to have a problem with a Christian praying for wisdom.

God is not going to help you make decisions, or "show you what to do" about the economy. If you think he has and make decisions because you think he has, then you are not fit to lead. End of story. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, you ok with that Wrangor?

Last edited:

The words "under God" were added in 1954.

God is not going to help you make decisions, or "show you what to do" about the economy. If you think he has and make decisions because you think he has, then you are not fit to lead. End of story. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, you ok with that Wrangor?

That's probably a stance that would depend on what part of the country you live in. Most people (especially in the South) could appreciate seeking the support of a higher power (God). Just because you are opposed to that notion doesn't mean most people are.

Using the Bush example is a really lame way to try and make your point...

That means Jimmy Carter was unfit to lead. Probably the same for our current president.

Go into a black church and tell that to the congregation. I believe they'll be standing with Palin on that one.

We have no basis for conversation. Two different planes of thinking. No matter what I might try to explain there will never be a middle point to gain understanding between us on this issue. Perhaps it is best to leave it at the idea that it is not uncommon for Christians to ask God for wisdom. If you don't believe in an All-Powerful God, then it makes perfect sense to me that this notion of asking Him for wisdom seems crazy. However, hopefully you can understand that if you have faith in the God of the Bible, it makes perfect sense. In fact, for a Bible believing Christian it would be sheer lunacy to enter a decision without first seeking wisdom from the God who created our universe with a mere Word.

However, I do hope they find some funny stuff in the emails. I do get some enjoyment out of Palin gaffes and then the subsequent attempt at defending the gaffe. I got a lot of run out of the Paul Revere historical lesson.

The point in the discussion in which Palin hate turns into Christian hate is always interesting.

We have no basis for conversation. Two different planes of thinking. No matter what I might try to explain there will never be a middle point to gain understanding between us on this issue. Perhaps it is best to leave it at the idea that it is not uncommon for Christians to ask God for wisdom. If you don't believe in an All-Powerful God, then it makes perfect sense to me that this notion of asking Him for wisdom seems crazy. However, hopefully you can understand that if you have faith in the God of the Bible, it makes perfect sense. In fact, for a Bible believing Christian it would be sheer lunacy to enter a decision without first seeking wisdom from the God who created our universe with a mere Word.

So if Obama came out tomorrow and said his plan for economic development and reducing the debt was to pray you would accept that?

So if Obama came out tomorrow and said his plan for economic development and reducing the debt was to pray you would accept that?

I wouldn't expect any Christian to say that. I'd expect him to say he planned to pray before making decisions about economic development and debt reduction. I'd accept that.

No, and neither would the Bible. Your simplification of Christianity only serves to show your simplicity.

I would expect that if Obama is a Christian (which he professes to be) that he would pray for guidance before making any important decision. And that he would use his full resources to make a wise decision. These resources include his education, his life experiences, his support staff, and his wife among others. I am of the firm belief that God is weaving a masterpiece quilt throughout all time, and that while all we see are individual strings, He sees the big picture. So asking him to reveal how certain strings work together is a wise and just move. How He reveals those nuggets of knowledge to us is His discretion. You are suggestion that direct revelation (such as God coming down in a clowd, or showing an answer in tea leaves) is how God speaks to man. When in fact that Bible (which I believe) is very clear that God's main source of revelation is His Holy Word and Prayer. We don't pray to change God's mind, we pray to change our hearts to conform to Him.

Hope that gives you some idea of where a Christian would come from when they say "I am going to pray for wisdom".

Back