• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Convince me to stay"

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
Anyone still have insider over on the Nazi ran board? I went over to sign out of my account so that I would not show up as online anymore and saw this thread title on Premium. If im not allowed to ask this then just delete mods, but im nosey as to what they had to say to Townie.

Oh, you're definitely allowed to ask this. I'm curious, too. It'll be like asking a dinosaur how it feels about the Ice Age.

Me too. Townie, care to post the responses you received?

I said that I've received more "inside info" over here in the past 3 days than I have on premium in the past 3 months.
I then said that what I've heard over here regarding the behind the scenes happenings during the coaching search were never discussed on premium. People are telling me I could have found stuff out if I would PM more.

Isn't there some part of the signup agreement that will not allow premium subscribers to share the info in premium?

Someone asked why he/she should stay on Premium. A couple of loyal DS posters said that this board won't get inside info because "the athletic department won't give inside access to a board that calls its coaches wankers, etc..." Another compared this board to EagleInsider. PH rightly said that this board could make both better - that competition is a healthy thing.

The problem with Premium over there is that people act like they know things when they really don't. The contradiction of information makes it nearly impossible to know what is and is not true.

Damn, lost my message. Fuck.

Anyway...someone posted that he needs to be convinced to keep premium because of the new board. A couple of loyal DS posters said that no inside info will be available here because, to paraphrase, "the athletic department won't give inside access to a board run by people who call our coaches assholes." PH then rightly said this board could make both better. That's about it.

Wait.....somebody called Bzzz a wanker? How'd I miss that?

Don't post their Premium info on here. We have our own insiders. They swear they aren't as close to the programs as Deman and some of the others, but judging by their performance this past week, I respectfully disagree.

Posting particular responses on this issue that happen to be on Premium seems to be fall in a gray area of their TOS. So I don't see this thread as an issue.

Further, this is a microcosm of why Scout's running a failing business model. Rountree broke his commitment news on Twitter - something that is available to anyone with an Internet connection. We live in an information age, and controlling/packaging messages is simply a relic of the past. We're not some e-revolutionaries over here, either - independent sports boards have been filling this vacuum for years now. It just took a perfect storm of Wellman/[Redacted]/Scout becoming an AD pawn to bring it out in the WF community.

Back