• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why did I think Herman Cain was different?

For the same reason people thought Michael Steele was different? (Hint: skin color.)

For the same reason people thought Michael Steele was different? (Hint: skin color.)

I lollered at the Pubs trotting out a token black dude as a knee jerk reaction to getting decimated by the African American voter turnout in the 2008 election.

I lollered at the Pubs trotting out a token black dude as a knee jerk reaction to getting decimated by the African American voter turnout in the 2008 election.

That is a regrettable dismissal of an accomplished person solely on this basis of his skin color.

He's allowed to think for himself, you know?

That is a regrettable dismissal of an accomplished person solely on this basis of his skin color.

And Steele was a really great thinker, too. LOL.

Let's see Cain himself said he wouldn't hire a Muslim without s loyalty oath. But opposing him on that is doing so because because Cain is black. Hmmm

Cain said he wants a law to ban Sharia Law even though no place in America has ever tried to implement it and that it is specifically outlawed in the 1st Amendment. To mock his ignorance and hate on this one isn't about his irrational behavior to some here. It's because he's black to them, No ANYONE who is this stupid would be mocked.

Cain saying he wouldn't sign ANY bill over three pages os opposed because he's black to some. Of course it's REALLY easy to put a $600-700B defense bill into three pages. This is just one example of how insane such a proposal is.

My bad treating a black man equally for his stupidity as a white man would be treated (see Rick Santorum) is wrong to some here.

I think most are taking issue with his lack of thinking.

BSD, get jhmd's and other Republican's definition of terms:

Poster of Obama with bones through his nose -Not racist
Saying Cain doesn't undertstand Consititution for having Muslims but not Jew or Christians do a loyalty oath- racist

Bringing a stuffed monkey with Obama on its t-shirt to a rally - not racist
Saying Herman Cain is an idiot for wanting a law to ban Sharia Law-even though it is illegal- racist

Conservatives fellate Cain because he was successful in business - as if being successful in business is the end-all be-all of a man, a leader, or a POTUS.

Conservatives fellate Cain because he was successful in business - as if being successful in business is the end-all be-all of a man, a leader, or a POTUS.

Seems like the worst preparation to be a governor or president. The goal isn't to make money and you can't just fire the "employees" who want you to fail.

I like Cain. He seems like a real straight shooter. He's a real American, which I like.

Seems like the worst preparation to be a governor or president. The goal isn't to make money and you can't just fire the "employees" who want you to fail.

what's the best preparation to be a governor or president

what's the best preparation to be a governor or president

Being governor or a president. That's why incumbent presidents and former governors have a pretty good track records in winning elections.

Let's see Cain himself said he wouldn't hire a Muslim without s loyalty oath. But opposing him on that is doing so because because Cain is black. Hmmm

Cain said he wants a law to ban Sharia Law even though no place in America has ever tried to implement it and that it is specifically outlawed in the 1st Amendment. To mock his ignorance and hate on this one isn't about his irrational behavior to some here. It's because he's black to them, No ANYONE who is this stupid would be mocked.

Cain saying he wouldn't sign ANY bill over three pages os opposed because he's black to some. Of course it's REALLY easy to put a $600-700B defense bill into three pages. This is just one example of how insane such a proposal is.

My bad treating a black man equally for his stupidity as a white man would be treated (see Rick Santorum) is wrong to some here.

The difference is that when a white man Pub says things less extreme than that, he's labeled a racist. When Herman Cain says it, he's apparently just stupid (you know, because being a black Pub makes him stupid or an uncle Tom, one or the other).

His confusion over Kenya/Indonesia is pretty minor, but as a politican, we expect him to have his facts straight, even if politicians rarely deal with facts. He should have known it was Indonesia, but I don't ascribe some ill motive to him for saying Kenya instead-- just bad preparation. I also don't agree with his rationale. As one who grew up overseas, I can assure you that I and many like me didn't suddenly become like Obama. Maybe it was because I was a military brat...I don't know. But Obama is like he is because he's an intellectual and an academic. Cain nailed that part, but where he grew up has nothing to do with that. Academics/intellectuals tend to root themselves more in ideas and concepts than reality, and Cain was accurate to point that out. I don't think that's any great revelation though.

Back