• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberal Disenchantment with Obama is Real RJ

ncsportsnut1

Reaction score
Stop starting multiple threads about the same subject.

I'm liberal and I'm good with Obama. Also, who in the hell are the 'pubs going to nominate?

Liberals are still going to vote for Obama once it comes down to Obama or Mitt Romney. They can be disenchanted all they want, but they would still rather have a dissapointing Democrat in the oval office than a Republican.

Count me as a lib who is very dissatisfied with Obama. I don't have the link but recently a liberal columnist wrote about the numerous promise-backtracks and policies of Bush which Obama has continued. I don't like politicians making campaign promises, but if they're dumb enough to do it, I expect them to honor what they say. Frankly, Obama's environmental record dismays me greatly.

That said, there isn't a single Republican I consider any more appealing than your average clown. Frankly, that goes for Democrats too. They're all playing the same game of pandering to the average American intellect and attention span. That means you repeatedly tell the same fart joke while listening to the crap music and wearing a pro-wrestling t-shirt. Chuck Schumer is about the closest candidate I'd vote for but even he has some major issues as far as I'm concerned.

Liberals are still going to vote for Obama once it comes down to Obama or Mitt Romney. They can be disenchanted all they want, but they would still rather have a dissapointing Democrat in the oval office than a Republican.

Not sure why we need another thread on this, but I'll say it again. Liberals have learned their lesson about staying home. That's why I think FL Dems will show up. The memory of Rick Scott is too fresh.

Not sure why we need another thread on this, but I'll say it again. Liberals have learned their lesson about staying home. That's why I think FL Dems will show up. The memory of Rick Scott is too fresh.

I'm not trying to start unnecessary threads so maybe some guidance here would be helpful. I'm looking at the boards and seeing basically hundreds of Obama threads about topics not as large as this one so not sure what the protocol is around here. If we want to have a "presidential election 2012" thread to cover all those election related topics then let's do that and let the board know.

You started a thread that looks like it continued an argument from another thread. Why not just post this there?

You started a thread that looks like it continued an argument from another thread. Why not just post this there?

He's supporting voter fraud/post padding.

Did anyone really expect Obama's first term to be ground breaking, historic, a change...

I mean where is the beef?

Did anyone really expect Obama's first term to be ground breaking, historic, a change...

I mean where is the beef?

It will barely be a footnote in history after Bachmann's first term.

As a conservative, I am pleasantly surprised (against low expectations) by Obama's first term, but I fear the second term would be a disaster.

On domestic issues, he's utterly clueless. He just doesn't get it, and never will. Expectations met.

On security, I am pleased that he's rightly tuned out the lunatics and replaced the batty, self-destructive campaign promises with enough reason to match his considerable responsibility. Once he got back from "The Apology Tour '09", he's really found his sea-legs for the CINC job. Expectations exceeded.

I would like to see more action on renewable, domestic energy before 2012. It's the only single policy initiative that would literally touch on every challenge we face as a country. Other than security and finding responsibility on the spending fornt, it's the most important thing he can do.

Thought I'd just chime in and say my roommate is an extreme lib, and he's disenchanted with Obama for not being lib enough.

TX, but he's still going to vote for him.

If there are no Tea Partiers on the GOP ticket, the TP will stay home as they have in the past. OR they might try to get Ron Paul or someone else to run as a third party candidate.

Lost in this conversation is that liberals are always bitching about something and have no concept of politics.

They'll get on board once they see the alternative. If the choice is Obama or at least four more years of Bush era style rule, they'll show up. I'm sure Obama can find some spare change to set up the doomsday scenario for them.

Obama/Romney might be one of the lowest voter turnouts ever, if that's how it works out and there's no third party.

As a conservative, I am pleasantly surprised (against low expectations) by Obama's first term, but I fear the second term would be a disaster.

On domestic issues, he's utterly clueless. He just doesn't get it, and never will. Expectations met.

On security, I am pleased that he's rightly tuned out the lunatics and replaced the batty, self-destructive campaign promises with enough reason to match his considerable responsibility. Once he got back from "The Apology Tour '09", he's really found his sea-legs for the CINC job. Expectations exceeded.

I would like to see more action on renewable, domestic energy before 2012. It's the only single policy initiative that would literally touch on every challenge we face as a country. Other than security and finding responsibility on the spending fornt, it's the most important thing he can do.

Like the analysis. I was glad to see Obama supported the Afghanistan surge, kept Guantanomo open so the terrorists wouldn't be on our soil and create security risks, and kept up the drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan. Now it seems too that after the intelligence gained from killing Osama, that Obama is giving the green light to go after some of the other leaders now that we are able to locate them. So yeh, def pleased that he is taking his role as commander-in-chief seriously and responsibly regardless of the left's criticisms.

Also agree on the domestic front he is clueless.

What more is there to be done in Iraq and AFG other than kill terrorist leaders that get replaced by other terrorist leaders?

Eventually these countries have to run themselves, don't they? What can we do in the 11th year that we couldn't in the first 10?

Like the analysis. I was glad to see Obama supported the Afghanistan surge, kept Guantanomo open so the terrorists wouldn't be on our soil and create security risks, and kept up the drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan. Now it seems too that after the intelligence gained from killing Osama, that Obama is giving the green light to go after some of the other leaders now that we are able to locate them. So yeh, def pleased that he is taking his role as commander-in-chief seriously and responsibly regardless of the left's criticisms.

Also agree on the domestic front he is clueless.

Damn, you almost made it through a post without trashing him.

Back