• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bachmann approaches zenith of stupidity

Politicans rarely understand science. For that matter, people who aren't scientists rarely understand science. I agree in principle with the sentiment that intelligent design has no place in a science classroom (that's what Sunday School is for), but the article itself was too over the top and mean spirited about it.

I heard about this over the weekend and I just linked the first article that google came up with when I searched this morning.

The rest of the world LAUGHS at the US for having politicians that don't believe in evolution.

The rest of the world LAUGHS at the US for having politicians that don't believe in evolution.

I don't really care what she believes. If she doesn't believe in evolution, that's fine, it's just the idea of pushing the teaching of creationism into a science classroom where it doesn't belong that I think is an issue.

She also thinks Congress shoudl be investigated to see who is un-Ameircan.

I don't really care what she believes. If she doesn't believe in evolution, that's fine, it's just the idea of pushing the teaching of creationism into a science classroom where it doesn't belong that I think is an issue.

I get far more annoyed at the insinuation that ID should be treated as a science.

I get far more annoyed at the insinuation that ID should be treated as a science.

Right, I'm with you there. Evolution is an exercise in scientific study, and rightly belongs in a biology classroom. Creationism is an exercise in faith and philosophy, and belongs in churches and appropriate classrooms (i.e. college religion and philosophy courses) with the right people teaching it. Access is pretty readily available to both, so I don't understand some people insinuating they need to be taught in the same place.

Right, I'm with you there. Evolution is an exercise in scientific study, and rightly belongs in a biology classroom. Creationism is an exercise in faith and philosophy, and belongs in churches and appropriate classrooms (i.e. college religion and philosophy courses) with the right people teaching it. Access is pretty readily available to both, so I don't understand some people insinuating they need to be taught in the same place.

Yep. Teach science in science classrooms. Simple stuff.

Every time she speaks she actually provides very strong evidence against intelligent design

You teach evolution in science class. You teach intelligent design in religion class.

The two have no business being taught side by side in the same classroom.

You teach evolution in science class. You teach intelligent design in religion class.

The two have no business being taught side by side in the same classroom.

There was a court case about two years ago, maybe more, in which a US District Court judge not only made that exact ruling as a matter of law, but completely undressed intelligent design in the process. It was a really fun opinion to read. I don't think I have ever read that it went up on appeal so I assume the ID people accepted their whoopin' at least in that circuit.

She's gonna win, good lord.

Back