• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flying Saucer Beer Knurd

Deac2010

Reaction score
I recently joined the Flying Saucer beer knurd club. You basically have to drink 200 different beers at any of their locations and you get a gold plate up on the wall. I have about 25 so far. Any body else done this?

http://www.beerknurd.com/

I have a nice little story about a former beer wench :thumbsup:

I really don't know why I haven't joined this yet.

Definitely worth it because they send you $5 coupons often and you never have to pay cover. Plus you get a t shirt out of it.

My friend moved to Raleigh in the beginning of 2010. I think he's finished two plates already.

Yea. My goal is to finish the plate by the end of the summer. Don't think it should be that hard. There is a guy in Columbia, SC who comes in everyday and gets a beer or two. He is on his 16th plate.

I'll take suggestions for what quote to put on my plate as I get closer.

I'd join if I lived anywhere near a Flying Saucer. Cool idea, and a very cool ambiance.

aWAR and I got BDer the membership last year. Perhaps he can comment (not sure if he's made his way over here yet).

Never heard of Flying Saucer however I've been involved in similar things like this. In Tampa and the surrounding areas, they have many World Of Beer places where you can get a passport and attempt to drink all the beers.

When in Australia, we also went to a similar place that did this. Went there for the Kangaroo pizza, stayed for the beers from around the world.

If we had one in Winston, I'd be a member today. Love the one in Charlotte.

Finished my first plate last year. Took me about two years to do it, though I wasn't really trying that hard. I really enjoyed it, and discovered a lot of good beers in the process(and some not so good ones). A couple of friends of mine went every day for 67 days to get theirs, which is pretty hardcore. At the end they throw you a party to reveal your plate and give you a $100 tab to help celebrate.

Finished my first plate last year. Took me about two years to do it, though I wasn't really trying that hard. I really enjoyed it, and discovered a lot of good beers in the process(and some not so good ones). A couple of friends of mine went every day for 67 days to get theirs, which is pretty hardcore. At the end they throw you a party to reveal your plate and give you a $100 tab to help celebrate.

What quote did you get on your plate?

I am moving to Raleigh in the next month or two. I can't imagine that I won't join this.

The Flying Saucer in Raleigh is great on a Friday after work during the spring...also try the Boylan St. Brewpub. They don't have a large selection, but the brew it all on site.

Beachbum, I live in Raleigh, so if you need any help or suggestions when it comes to living there, give me a shout.

The Flying Saucer in Raleigh is great on a Friday after work during the spring...also try the Boylan St. Brewpub. They don't have a large selection, but the brew it all on site.

Beachbum, I live in Raleigh, so if you need any help or suggestions when it comes to living there, give me a shout.

my gf loves Boylan Bridge, but we haven't been yet because she says it's best when the weather is warm and you can sit outside. I've got a couple restaurant.com certificates for the place so I'm sure we'll be hitting it up a good bit this spring/summer

Back