• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turner Sports says Charles Barkley won't be back for next year's Tourny.

Chris

Reaction score
BOOOOOO! Bad move, Turner Sports.

One and done: It appears there will be no Cinderella story for Charles Barkley. Turner Sports President David Levy told Sports Illustrated that Barkley will not be back for next year's NCAA Tournament Selection Show. "Charles was wrong for the show in the sense that there is so much information that we are trying to get out," Levy told the website. "I don't think it is free flowing enough for both Charles and Kenny [Smith]. I thought it was too many people trying to get too much in."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-college-i nsider-03212011-20110320,0,1200144.story?page=2&am p;track=rss

The problem was they mashed Ernie/Barkley/Kenny Smith w/ Greg Gumbel/Greg Anthony. The styles couldn't be more dissimilar. Gumbel clearly hates being interrupted and veering off-topic, which is what makes Barkley so damn entertaining.

HORRIBLE move.

Has to be a power play by Greg Gumbel.

Just the selection show per my reading. The one draw back to having two boards, is having to post this twice.

They really should get rid of Kenny Smith. He is picking up right where he left off at FoxSports. The guy can't go two sentences without talking about the heels.

Back