• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Sports Journal tackles [Redacted]

deaclite

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
It looks like these guys have read many of our concerns and produced a nice summary for us. I had raised many of these recruiting issues on the premium board which was not appreciated by the powers at be.

Wake Insider: Red Flags Surround [Redacted]
ACCSports Staff ACCSports.com March 17, 2011 0
Share Landing under-the-radar recruits hasn’t helped Jeff [Redacted] win over the Wake fan base.

(AP Photo/Winston-Salem Journal/Lauren Carroll)
WINSTON-SALEM — In the business world, when you bring in a new employee, you want to make sure the employee’s client is happy and continues to see success. Any number of factors can contribute to that, and while you don’t have to hit a home run on all of them, the more that are a positive, the better off the client should be.

Unfortunately for Wake Forest, it has failed on almost all of the key factors with Jeff [Redacted], and it appears to be failing on a crucial one for the future. The client — its fan base — is not happy. Let’s take a look at the list:

Edit: Jim Young of ACC Sports contacted us and told us this article was part of their premium package. Here's the link:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious where they get the idea that Wake fans are cheering for losses. Must be a local thing because I haven't seen it on the internet.

Otherwise, it's a good piece. I don't understand why those concerns are so unreasonable to a large portion of our fanbase.

I don't know anyone who is cheering for losses. Otherwise a good piece.

I never heard anybody cheering for losses at the Joel. I don't think that statement is true at all.

we are so f'd, i have nothing to add, reading that just stings a bit

:werd:

I never cheered for a loss, but I was so apathetic towards this basketball season its not even funny. I watched maybe 2 games on tv, and didnt go to a home game for the first time since Tim Duncan was a sophomore.

I'm curious where they get the idea that Wake fans are cheering for losses. Must be a local thing because I haven't seen it on the internet.

Otherwise, it's a good piece. I don't understand why those concerns are so unreasonable to a large portion of our fanbase.

They really aren't unreasonable imo. It really just boils down to the way their supporters argue them (calling other people deluded for taking a more patient view of things, etc.).

And yeah, I don't see why anyone would think there are WFU fans cheering for losses.

I never cheered for a loss, but I was so apathetic towards this basketball season its not even funny. I watched maybe 2 games on tv, and didnt go to a home game for the first time since Tim Duncan was a sophomore.

that's how i've been and people that knew me while at wake can vouch how hardcore of a basketball fan i was.

it got to the point where i was embarassed at times to even where a wake hat cause i didn't want to have to explain why we sucked so bad or just getting taunted by all the idiot UNC and Duke fans down here.

Pretty much how I feel. Apathy toward the program =/= cheering for losses. I just want Bzz out so we can start actually rebuilding our program.

Spot on except for the cheering for losses. It is just really sad about how this situation is progressing.

Really do hope things will improve.

They really aren't unreasonable imo. It really just boils down to the way their supporters argue them (calling other people deluded for taking a more patient view of things, etc.).

And yeah, I don't see why anyone would think there are WFU fans cheering for losses.

Being patient doesn't change those points. If you think Bz doesn't have the track record to be successful at Wake, being patient isn't going to matter.

It was a curious hire, at best.
The results of the season started off horribly and never improved.
Buzz is a PR disaster post game and in his coach's show.

People can be patient, but I honestly have no idea what they are basing any hope on with this guy in charge. I cannot imagine a season going worse at Wake Forest than the one we just endured.

There is no satisfaction in this situation at all. While there is plenty of shared blame,
I worry about the human toil exacted and hope that we can move to a more constructive phase in our discussions.

That was the best, most succinct summary of the feelings expressed by what I would call the majority that I've seen.

So, once the major ACC media members start bringing up what the fans and ticket holders have been lamenting for months on end, how long before Wellman (and to a degree, Hatch) has to start taking these concerns seriously?

I like this article. It pretty much nails the issue, except for the cheering for losses part. I don't think I could ever do that, even if keeper was coaching the team.

Back