• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bonds on trial

This case is a massive waste of time and taxpayer dollars. The government should have pitched this case when it had the chance to after the Judge kept out several key pieces of evidence the first time this case was set to go to trial. Although if Bonds does get convicted, I'm not sure I agree he won't get any prison time as long as he doesn't testify. Federal judges don't like perjury convictions very much.

At least Greg Anderson doesn't trust the government.....

Not sure its that much money really being wasted. The AUSAs and are salaried, as is the judge. Could they be working on other stuff? Sure, but its not like someone isn't going to go to jail because they spend a couple weeks kicking this dog. Bonds is spending a boat load though, I'm sure. But you probably shouldn't lie while under oath like he did.

What a dirtay CHEATER!! MIKE MEGWIRE probaly told him to smoke the stereoids! In olden days no one cheated! Everthing was fair and GOOD! NOW LOOKIT!

I knoew he was on druggs annyways he dident fool me with his tricks!

Not sure its that much money really being wasted. The AUSAs and are salaried, as is the judge. Could they be working on other stuff? Sure, but its not like someone isn't going to go to jail because they spend a couple weeks kicking this dog. Bonds is spending a boat load though, I'm sure. But you probably shouldn't lie while under oath like he did.

?

This investigation has been going on for 7 years. Gobs of agents and prosecutors have worked this case. Of course that deflects resources from other things that could be investigated and prosecuted.

?

This investigation has been going on for 7 years. Gobs of agents and prosecutors have worked this case. Of course that deflects resources from other things that could be investigated and prosecuted.

True re the investigators, I guess I was just thinking about the court system. Too late to pull the plug right now though. Not a bad move if you can stick a high profile perjury case.

I've hated Bonds ever since he didn't give me an autograph at the Mudcats vs. Pirates exhibition.

Back