• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Suggestion: Tagging People

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
This is very implausible but in the case that you guys want an awesome project to work on, I think this should be it.

If you want to reference a user, you have the ability to type their name and tag them similarly to facebook. When a person is tagged, it then shows up in their CP that they have been mentioned on X thread.

This would lead to a lot better discussion in general around these boards. If a topic on a certain thread comes up about HR tendencies, you can tag BDer and he can then know there's a thread where his expert opinion is relevant.

I get that this would involve some crazy programming but just thought I'd throw it out there in case you guys are looking to do something big.

Would also be great for the sports board because you wouldn't have to sift through the same crap over and over again if you are having a discussion with somebody

this sounds like a cool idea. although i have no idea how much work would be involved.

:laugh: it hurts to even think about the logistics of it, honestly. I'll keep an eye out for anything that seems similar/could help make it possible though. It's a really cool idea.

Back