• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Source: Bruce Pearl Out at Tennessee

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Could be announced as early as this afternoon.

Wonder where he will end up. Perhaps could get some NCAA sanctions placed on him like Sampson did.

Sad day on Rocky Top. Pearl took them to heights they haven't seen since the Ernie and Bernie days.

If he had just admitted to the violations instead of lying to the NCAA then he'd still have a job.

You can't lie to the NCAA. If you get caught, the punishment will be much worse than if you are up front with your wrong doings. You would have to think that the NCAA will put a show clause on him now.

Seems like a decent guy and a good coach, but there have been a number of things during his watch that I don't like.

You can't lie to the NCAA. If you get caught, the punishment will be much worse than if you are up front with your wrong doings. You would have to think that the NCAA will put a show clause on him now.

I think O$U football will be a much more definitive case on that statement. Tennessee basketball isn't relevant enough to escape the wrath.

Wasn't there some issue involving him years ago when he was still a young coach? When he was hired by Tennessee I seem to remember him supposedly having some dirty laundry or something.

Ah ok, thanks. I vaguely remembered that other coaches seemed to hate him for his past. Sucks for him, I hope he doesn't land up in the ACC.

contemplating merging this w/ the State's next coach thread...

Kidding.

But not really.

Back