• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State's next coach?

I will be very impressed if this is true.

FWIW. OTF told me a month or so ago that they were going after him. He also told me right after the Clemson game that Lowe had been fired effective at the end of the season.

So I would believe this rumor actually. He has some pretty good sources it seems.

FWIW. OTF told me a month or so ago that they were going after him. He also told me right after the Clemson game that Lowe had been fired effective at the end of the season.

So I would believe this rumor actually. He has some pretty good sources it seems.

What a soothsayer.

I have a hard time believing that Donovan would actually want to leave Florida to coach at NC State. Even if basketball is second fiddle to football there, it always seems like on TV they have great crowds and a great atmosphere.

I guess its possible he is ready for a new challenge. Also, I dread the thought of him coaching there right now. If we had even a decent, Smart basketball coach then I wouldn't be worried.

Billy Donovan has not been getting along well with Jeremy Foley, Florida's AD. At least that is what I've been told by a friend. Could be that NC State is asking at the right time for the right man.

The Big 4s head coaches would then be

Coach K
Roy Williams
Billy Donovan
and...

Jeff [Redacted].

Awesome!

I have a better chance to be coaching State next fall than Donovan.

It could happen. I don't see it actually happening, though, especially if Florida makes another Final Four run.

There's rumors about Miller, Donovan, and even Barnes still. So I predict we end up with Oliver Purnell. WE ARE NC STATE

I would be surprised to see him go to State, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Donovan leave Florida at some point. He is a Pitino protege...

No matter who State gets it will be an upgrade over Lowe. Kind of like if we went shopping for a Bzzz replacement. I'm so jealous of every school searching for a coach right now. It sucks.

No matter who State gets it will be an upgrade over Lowe. Kind of like if we went shopping for a Bzzz replacement. I'm so jealous of every school searching for a coach right now. It sucks.

Me too. I've got a bad feeling State is finally gonna get a great coach who fires up the fan base.

Back