• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit, do I need stitches?

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
Alright so heres the story:

Thursday night, march madness, watching the games in the apartment living room, decide that dueling TV's would be awesome with the new 4 channel NCAA format, so I go to my room to get my TV.

Large tube TV so I pick it up and start to walk backwards out of my room and to the living room. After about two steps I step on my iron gym pullup bar that was in the middle of the floor from earlier that afternoon.

wholesale-Iron-GYM-with-AB-Straps_16799370914d465b54965c5920100914.jpg

See the bolts that hold that top part together? Well that is what has sliced my foot open. The gash starts in the mid to upper "ball" of my foot (right below my big toe) and proceeds up to the natural fold where my big toe and ball of my foot meet (that fatty part of skin).

The ball of my foot is very rough, so there isnt much damage there. Most just shaved off a layer of skin that is raw right now. Eww I know, but not much can be done for that. My concern is that upper fatty part that bends every time i walk. This whole weekend I didnt move much and by using the eye test, I thought it was healing up. After examining post-class tonight, ive noticed that it is opening back up a little. The bleeding has stopped, mainly just a little oozing now (eww) and the pain is only bad when I dont walk on the side of my foot and try to walk normal.

So my questions are:

1) Quit applying all ointments and see if the thing will dry up

2) Keep applying and wait it out

3) Go to the doc and see if stitches are needed.

Suck it up, rub some dirt on it, and quit being a pussy

Last edited:
Sounds like you could certainly use something for that gash of yours.

Alright well heres the hole in my foot. Cant really see the gash thats above it but thats where the blood is coming from. Crappy mobile imaging at it best.

OUCH.jpg

Meh, that doesn't look like an area that needs stitches. I wouldn't worry about it.

I did learn from this thread that I should never leave mah pullup bar on the ground.

Back