• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Firefox 4.0 Release Day

Nice! I'm pondering a switch to chrome, but we'll see what 4.0 brings.

Isn't this still Beta or is this the official V4?

the more obscure add-ons usually aren't immediately compatible until a few days after release...adblock plus is working though

Been using Chrome for a while. What's the major lowdown on Firefox 4?

Not that I need it anymore, but I did note that fox trick had the update ready for 4.

Great to know. All I care about is foxtrick and ad blocker.

Just want to check, but my bookmarks and bookmarks toolbar will be intact, as well? I live and die by my toolbar.

All settings and addons that are compatible transfer over seamlessly. Only 2 addons aren't supported yet for me, but likely will be in a day or two.

Yeah, they will. Have to say, maybe it's because I'm used to the previous layout but I don't like the way it looks. Guess it will take a little while to get used to it.

Agreed. I think it is one of those things that seems weird for a day or two. Then you get used to it and won't even remember the old layout.

There seems to be a little more room for page viewing, so that is a plus.

Great to know. All I care about is foxtrick and ad blocker.

Just want to check, but my bookmarks and bookmarks toolbar will be intact, as well? I live and die by my toolbar.

Everything should be there. Bookmarks, history, saved passwords, etc.

Can someone still using old firefox answer this question for me, when you right click a link what is the order of the "Open Link in New Tab" and "Open Link in New Window" options?

I feel like they flipped it, but I need to confirm before I go crazy.

Can someone still using old firefox answer this question for me, when you right click a link what is the order of the "Open Link in New Tab" and "Open Link in New Window" options?

I feel like they flipped it, but I need to confirm before I go crazy.

New Window is first for me. I'm about to switch over now.

edit: I do know others that had tab first. Perhaps that's an option you can negotiate somewhere?

They did. It's driving me nuts. I've opened eleventy billion new windows instead of tabs today.

seems like the major layout change is they put the tabs above the URL...would flip it back if I could, but that's a change I can live with.

They did. It's driving me nuts. I've opened eleventy billion new windows instead of tabs today.

the middle mouse button can save you a lot of trouble in that regard...I use mine to open new tabs

seems like the major layout change is they put the tabs above the URL...would flip it back if I could, but that's a change I can live with.

Right click the BOOKMARKS button on the top right and there is an option that says TABS ON TOP that you can uncheck, and it puts them back under the address bar.

Nice! I'm pondering a switch to chrome, but we'll see what 4.0 brings.

I love chrome, and if you have an Android phone you should probably at least use it for the "chrome to phone" function.

However, in my experience, it hasn't kept me as secure from malware as firefox did.

Back