• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

letter to the editor

The DEUCE just dropped some news.. My parents were telling me about this yesterday. They live in B-town. Good article.

Disagree with the first two graphs, but I'm on board with the last one

I saw the "the times" and thought this was going to be from something reputable. Burlington Times? Ew gross.

Poor writing, but this shows how Wake is now perceived by outsiders or casual fans. The behind the scenes issues are well documented on this board and DS(sort of), and most Wake fans realize Dino was not a good coach and it was time to part ways.

Unfortunately, to outsiders, we are now the program with the incompetent AD who fires a moderately successful coach and hires some journey-man no name guy who he was friends with in the 80's. While not entirely accurate, it is what people see and I can't imagine it's going to help us land a good coach when the Buzz experiment is over.

I hate the sophomoric logic that suggests that since Bz was a bad hire, Dino was therefore great in all respects and should have been retained.

What about this? Dino was the wrong answer and the program was certain to decline. Hence, Wellman made a change in 2010, which was a ballsy move at the time. Unfortunately, his choice as successor has failed miserably thus far.

That may be a bit nuanced for some.

I wish Dino would have stayed this year for no other reason than to hang those 24 losses on his resume. Wellman did him a huge favor.

Just amazes me how many people go so far to bash Dino.

He did as good of a job as he could under some very difficult circumstances.

In my opinion he's one of our own much more so than [Redacted] probably ever will be because he stepped up in the midst of a great personal tragedy.

I thought Dino did a fine job his first year, probably his best of the 3 all things considered.
He was rather crap in the 2nd.
He started to improve and seemed to be finding his feet in his 3rd.

Would have been interesting to see how he handled the team this year with no "mega-stars" to have to ego stroke. Which is where he seemed to fail at the worst.

All that said... I did want him fired last season, but thought another year would have been fine so that we could really see what we had.

I wish Dino would have stayed this year for no other reason than to hang those 24 losses on his resume. Wellman did him a huge favor.

If RW keeps Dino around, and we lose 18-20 games this year, people would be saying it was a lost year and we should have had the stones to make a move in 2010. Not saying you would say that, but there would be some sentiment that a competent coach would have been able to prevent us from bottoming out.

Back