• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

University Police Department Re-accreditation

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
Sent on behalf of R.G. Lawson, Chief of Police:

Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,

The Wake Forest University Police Department is seeking re-accreditation by
the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators. This
process requires agencies to demonstrate compliance with accreditation
standards in four basic areas: policy and procedure, administration,
operations, and support services to the community. Between March 26 and
March 29, 2011, we are scheduled to undergo an on-site evaluation by IACLEA
assessors.

You are cordially invited to offer comments to our assessors on Monday,
March 28, 2011 during our public forum from 10 to 11 a.m. in the Benson
University Center, room 310, or by calling 336-758-7160 between the hours of
12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on that same day. Comments should address the Wake
Forest University's Police Department's abilities to serve the campus,
provide assistance in the surrounding community, and our performance as
campus law enforcement professionals. If the number is busy, please call
again.

Anyone wishing to submit written comments about the Wake Forest University
Police Department's ability to comply with the standards for accreditation
may send them to IACLEA Accreditation, 342 North Main Street, West Hartford,
CT 06117-2507.

Your support and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

R. G. Lawson
Chief of Police

Bitches can kiss my ass for the $500+ in parking fines I had to pay them over my 4 years at MSD.

Bitches can kiss my ass for the $500+ in parking fines I had to pay them over my 4 years at MSD.

Did the Police give out parking tickets in your day?

The University has used rent-a-parking-ticket-guys for a while.

The university is stiff about those parking tickets, but it wasn't hard to figure out their system. For instance, I finally realized one year that they don't employ those people after 7pm. I'd park wherever the hell I wanted after 7pm. Maybe they do employ those people, but I definitely never got a ticket.

The university is stiff about those parking tickets, but it wasn't hard to figure out their system. For instance, I finally realized one year that they don't employ those people after 7pm. I'd park wherever the hell I wanted after 7pm. Maybe they do employ those people, but I definitely never got a ticket.

Dude, you are totally allowed to park almost anywhere on campus after 5pm.

I loved driving my Dad's vehicle to school because those fuckers would never give me a ticket if I didn't have a WFU tag.

So how does all this tie into the recent court cases in NC saying that no police force has any authority on religious affiliated campuses? Or something like that.

I got multiple tickets after 7PM parking in the lot behind Poteat after that became 24 hour faculty.

Dude, you are totally allowed to park almost anywhere on campus after 5pm.

Exactly, even the 24-no parking spots.

For instance, I'd just park in the loading bay of the Physics building any time I wanted to go to the library.

Exactly, even the 24-no parking spots.

For instance, I'd just park in the loading bay of the Physics building any time I wanted to go to the library.

Guess you're lucky; I've definitely gotten a ticket around 10 or 11pm before.

One of the few good things about a rainy day...this also occurred on occasion when it was extremely cold...

I didn't have a parking sticker one year and cycled to school everyday. I figured out the rain clause pretty quickly that year.

Back