• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bachelorette Party in Wilmington on Thursday...

dashionista

Reaction score
So I'm hosting a bachelorette party for my friend who's getting married this weekend in Wilmington on Thursday. Where should we go? Any can't miss spots? We're looking specifically at the downtown/front st. area, but are open to any and all suggestions! Dancing, cheap drinks and a good crowd are musts and an 80s theme night would be a major plus as this will be a themed party (we're dressing as an 80s bridal party)

Help me out, Pit!

Probably best on Thursday to head to the beach bars at Wrightsville. Will be a crowd around 10-2. Start with $1 bottle domestics at Jerry Allens, then head to 22 North after that gets too crowded. Otherwise, it might be a crapshoot downtown for finding a good crowded spot.

Nah, stay downtown. I live on Front Street above Barbary Coast and there is a ton to do. I doubt that there will be anything doing an 80s themed night...but a few places that I think could be fun for a bachelorette party include level 5, liquid room, pravda, and goodfellas. I've seen quite a few bachelorette parties go through level 5. I'd say that is your best bet, it has a great view of the river, has a good sized dance floor, pretty cheap drinks as well. Sputnik is something you could look into as well.

All of these places are right on front street and pretty easy top find. I'm not sure what you're into, but I would stay away from city limits, sidebar, charley brownz.

Nah, stay downtown. I live on Front Street above Barbary Coast and there is a ton to do. I doubt that there will be anything doing an 80s themed night...but a few places that I think could be fun for a bachelorette party include level 5, liquid room, pravda, and goodfellas. I've seen quite a few bachelorette parties go through level 5. I'd say that is your best bet, it has a great view of the river, has a good sized dance floor, pretty cheap drinks as well. Sputnik is something you could look into as well.

All of these places are right on front street and pretty easy top find. I'm not sure what you're into, but I would stay away from city limits, sidebar, charley brownz.

These sound pretty much like what we're looking for! I'd heard about the liquid room and rum runners for good drink specials and a good time. Thanks for the other recco's I hadn't heard about level 5, pravda or sputnik. we'll probably hop around from place to place so we can check out a few of them hopefully!:thumbsup:

what's the name of the rooftop place on front street? that was fun when i went for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party. ...but we were already pretty (really) drunk, so that might have added to the fun.

1. go to rum runners
2. get drunk, ask to see drew's (one of the managers) toes
3. ?????
4. profit

80s themed bachelorette party in Wilmington this Thursday? We may have mutual friends.

Last edited:
what's the name of the rooftop place on front street? that was fun when i went for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party. ...but we were already pretty (really) drunk, so that might have added to the fun.

Level 5. That place should be perfect for dashionista's needs....

@elquintodeac
Rum Runners has moved somewhere...The old location is dead...its sad, myself and another ogposter used to go sing karaoke on thursdays...you know, the staples: Third Eye Blind...Lisa Loeb...Bob Seger.

Nobody has offered their exotic dancing services yet?

For shame, Pit.

@elquintodeac
Rum Runners has moved somewhere...The old location is dead...its sad, myself and another ogposter used to go sing karaoke on thursdays...you know, the staples: Third Eye Blind...Lisa Loeb...Bob Seger.

i haven't been down in a while so i was unaware of this ... bunch of my friends from home live in wilmington. liquid room used to be their spot but i think someone got stabbed there a while back so they changed it up. agree that level 5 is likely the place to go. i was down for last memorial day and there were bachelorette parties all over the place.

i haven't been down in a while so i was unaware of this ... bunch of my friends from home live in wilmington. liquid room used to be their spot but i think someone got stabbed there a while back so they changed it up. agree that level 5 is likely the place to go. i was down for last memorial day and there were bachelorette parties all over the place.

Liquid room was dumb and decided to let an underage girl drink there (fake id, knew the bouncer) she got in a dui accident and died, so they closed doors for a bit, but are back now. Someone WAS stabbed at rhino, however.

Liquid room was dumb and decided to let an underage girl drink there (fake id, knew the bouncer) she got in a dui accident and died, so they closed doors for a bit, but are back now. Someone WAS stabbed at rhino, however.

ah, yeah i remember hearing that now ... got confused about what and where

You can't talk about stabbings in wilmington bars without mentioning that steve buschemi got stabbed in the neck at firebellys (and almost died) during a fight vince vaughn started by hitting on some locals special lady friend. Good times!

Haha I love the rubbing shoulders with/stabbing celebrities stories in wilm. A friend of mine met zac efron at the opera room and told him she loved his work in charlie st. cloud...lol

@elquintodeac

#imonlyhearingnegative #turntheradioon #turntheradioup #night:moose:

Many moons ago we were partying at level 5 on a random weekday night and one of the mangers or bartenders took us on a tour of the theater and said that Dennis Hopper owned the place (or used to own the place...I can't remember) and had a house somewhere nearby so he would come in quite a bit. This was several years before he died. Anyway, I thought that was really random. Wilmington rocks.

Many moons ago we were partying at level 5 on a random weekday night and one of the mangers or bartenders took us on a tour of the theater and said that Dennis Hopper owned the place (or used to own the place...I can't remember) and had a house somewhere nearby so he would come in quite a bit. This was several years before he died. Anyway, I thought that was really random. Wilmington rocks.

Yeah! Blue velvet was filmed here.....HEINEKEN?!

Back