• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N.C State in serious talks with Rick Barnes

DemonDeacon

Reaction score
According to a VERY reliable source.

More on the situation when it comes up. I'm not saying that they will hire him, but talks are taking place.

Have no idea why Rick would do this.

$$$$

Texas might be tiring of the end of season meltdowns.

He was born in Hickory, graduated from Lenoir-Rhyne, and has family all over North Carolina. He also hates the Tar Heels, as we saw when he coached against them while at Clemson.

He was born in Hickory, graduated from Lenoir-Rhyne, and has family all over North Carolina. He also hates the Tar Heels, as we saw when he coached against them while at Clemson.

So he's used to rednecks and tractors, go on.

Didn't know all that. Makes more sense.

I don't think NCSU's fans are going to be any more forgiving than Texas'.

Didn't know all that. Makes more sense.

I don't think NCSU's fans are going to be any more forgiving than Texas'.

He will get more time though. We know he can recruit and get in to the tournament, then it will be on him to win there within 2-4 years.

State fans would love to make a Final Four. Barnes can get them there.

State fans would love to make a Final Four. Barnes can get them there.

Also, we know that State is going to drop the big bucks. This makes a lot of sense for Barnes, who if he loses again early in the post-season will likely be done at Texas in my opinion.

Someone on the State board posted that Barnes and his wife were spotted on campus. Can't tell if they're serious or not. Anyway, I think he would be a GREAT fit for State. I mean a damn near perfect fit. He's southern, kind of folksy, really personable. Their fans will love him. And he will win there.

If State gets Barnes, we will have the WORST coach in the state by leaps and bounds.

Don't get me wrong.. We already do, but it would be much more pronounced.

Actually, two people on the State board have posted that Barnes was seen on campus. One person said it and then another person simply posted "Yep". Who knows. But I really think he would be a great hire for them. Plus he's a big, well known name. State fans will be pumped.

If State gets Barnes, we will have the WORST coach in the state by leaps and bounds.

Don't get me wrong.. We already do, but it would be much more pronounced.

I'm pretty sure you would be saying this regardless of who State hires though, because no matter what they are improving over Lowe.

Lots of chatter this afternoon. Nothing verified by anyone that I have seen.

Back