• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Users

IrishSlim

The Sultan of Swashbuckle
Reaction score
What up what up-

Well, it's been an exciting couple of days, hasn't it? From 0 to 400-plus registered users in only five days. I know I speak for all of the mods when I say "thank you" - this wouldn't have happened without you all spreading the word.

We're growing and evolving very quickly, and in the immortal words of one Sean Carter, "on to the next one." The next one, in this case, being the super user.

Super users have access to Wake Forest sports information that us regular plebes don't. And they've graciously offered to share some of it with us. Their usernames will be highlighted in green on the left of the computer screen. Further, threads they start will be marked with the light bulb icon. A few super users have already made their presence known on the boards since we launched: DeaconKing, TheIshThatSavedWakeForest, DemonDeacon, and ChildressCrossing, specifically. Two other super users close to the football program will start posting soon, the_Oracle (no, not that clown lectro) and Jared Shelton, who will post under the handle WakeForestRivals. This name is quite apt, because Jared works for the recruiting website Rivals.

Jared gets a lot of good info and tidbits for his site, Deacon Illustrated, and he'll be posting some of them here for our consumption. Some of you may be inclined to follow him over there and get more - we're cool with that. Frankly, I think you all will be pleased by what he brings to the community, and I encourage you all to welcome him. I personally believe both he and Rivals have gotten a bad wrap over the years, as various posters at DeaconSports, in an attempt to protect their brand, have denigrated his reports. (IMO, of course.)

As always, please let us know in the suggestions threads how your user experience can be improved.

On to the next one and Go Deacs!

Last edited:
Thanks for the intro Slim. I'm very impressed by what all the guys on this board have been able to do in such a short amount of time, and more impressed with why it was done. I'm a firm believer that message boards are for differing opinions... I don't always agree with everything said, but that's life. Glad to see the mods here take a stand for it.

Anyways, like Slim said, we have been having a discussion about this board and Wake fans in general. Being a Wake grad ('08) and an avid Demon Deacon sports fan, I enjoy the opportunity of sharing my knowledge with other Wake fans. I think me an my subscribers at DI.com have built a good thing, and it's been based on timely, accurate football recruiting information. I try my best to portray the Wake Forest football recruiting landscape in the most accurate way, and I think that the majority of the time, it ends up as being a positive reflection on the talent and hard work put in by Wake's staff. I try not to influence the news, just report it to Wake fans so they can stay in the loop.

I will continue to grow DI.com and would invite anybody curious about what we do to stop by or drop me a line, but like Irish said, I'll try to filter some of my info to this board as well. It's all for Wake fans, right?

I'm looking forward to being a part of this, as I see it, complimentary Wake message board.

I have been a Deacons Illustrated subscriber for awhile now. I just want to mention that Jared & Co. work their butts off to get great football recruiting information. The difference between their football info and TOS is staggering. For those who want in-depth Wake recruiting info, his site is top notch and you should check it out. I look forward to his contributions to this board as well.

Last edited:
I assume that it's been verified that all superusers are in fact insiders?

Nice work, mods.

Another will be added in the Summer. He has a few posts already but has said he doesn't want the title yet as he won't be posting much till then.

No, we parted ways about 6 months ago... Zach is a talented writer, but I was looking for more recruiting help, something he didn't have much interest in.

Back