• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2011 Triad Pro-Am Thread

TuffaloDeac10

🌹☭
Reaction score
Rumor has it that the guys will NOT be playing in the pro-am this summer. Are you bummed about this? I'm bummed about this. Perhaps one of our insiders can shed some light?

The rumor is that Buzz doesn't want the players participating in this. Would just increase his lameness if true.

As of right now, I have not heard of anything official. Once I get the information I relay it here.

Rumors are flying that the players will not play. I am not sure whether it is something that the AD/Coach [Redacted] has mandated or not.

Haven't heard of anything official yet, but have touched base with a couple of people who have confirmed that this is in fact true.

It's not a huge deal, but is one more deflating thing for the fan base in my opinion.

Haven't heard of anything official yet, but have touched base with a couple of people who have confirmed that this is in fact true.

It's not a huge deal, but is one more deflating thing for the fan base in my opinion.

Yep. It's a fun league to go watch and I while the fights were definitely bad and a distraction from the point of the league last year, I don't see how restricting the guys to pickup in the Miller Center eliminates any issues since there weren't inter-team fights.

It is official that the team will not be participating in the Triad Pro-Am this year. Got word from one of the supporting sponsors.

Yep. It's a fun league to go watch and I while the fights were definitely bad and a distraction from the point of the league last year, I don't see how restricting the guys to pickup in the Miller Center eliminates any issues since there weren't inter-team fights.

There were fights between current team members, and also between our guys and others in last year's league. Didn't we also have some injuries/scares happen?

I can definitely understand the reasoning behind it, but it still sucks.

There were fights between current team members, and also between our guys and others in last year's league. Didn't we also have some injuries/scares happen?

I kinda get the reasoning...still pissed off about it though.

I feel you, but I don't see why Ty and TC wouldn't fight in Miller if they're fighting at FCD.

That is, I don't see this as a good/comprehensive solution to the speculated issue

Last edited:
I feel you, but I don't see why Ty and TC wouldn't fight in Miller if they're fighting at FCD.

That is, I don't see this as a good/comprehensive solution to the speculated issue

Well, they probably wouldn't fight in Miller because they probably wouldn't be playing in a competitive game where their team blew a big lead and Ty wasn't getting back as hard as Tony expected at the end (because had played a ton of minutes at that point). It was a playoff game iirc.

Not to mention the altercations some of our guys got into with other guys from the area. I just think the tourney last year had a really bad vibe to it (lots of hostility because of some teams using Deano tactics, etc).

There is a huge difference in getting in to a fight in a closed practice setting, and getting into a fight in a public open setting with a ton of diehards and internet posters.

Back