• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Lecture Series

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
The title Pit Boss is great, and I really enjoyed the lecture series from before. Any plan on picking it back up here?

Great idea. IMO, that was a great (late in the game) addition to the Quad.

Also, are we going to revive the Olympics this summer?

Since I never posted on the Quad - what exactly does this lecture series entail?

If you dont want to have to go to The Quad to read, I'll give you a quick summary. People signed up for topics they felt they were "experts" on, and would post a thread as a "lecture". Others would respond with questions, and it was a great way to get an albeit brief knowledge on that subject. It was interesting IMO to see how different our interests and experiences are as posters.

Oooh - that looks cool.

I could definitely do "eastern european tourism", "russian literature", "booze of central and eastern europe", or something along those lines.

Great idea. IMO, that was a great (late in the game) addition to the Quad.

Also, are we going to revive the Olympics this summer?

We are thinking up ways to keep interest up over the summer. Not sure if it will be like the Olympics, but some games from that might be used.

I am disappointed that my qls on lbos is lost in the wasteland of the quad. I brought some knowledge outside of posting things about hoodrats.

IF the Olympics come back, I expect that the MVP of MAlta (ellis, of course) will get some consideration for a team leader.

I best not be with that chump Waldo again

Oooh - that looks cool.

I could definitely do "eastern european tourism", "russian literature", "booze of central and eastern europe", or something along those lines.

Why don't you do "Going to a big state college with a bunch of ugly chicks."

I'll bring the stuff over here, and we'll start it again. Looks like most everyone who was signed up is over here now.

Why don't you do "Going to a big state college with a bunch of ugly chicks."

I figure this board is already experts in "paying $200k to go to a small private college with a bunch of ugly chicks" - so that lecture would be a bit redundant, don't you think?

IF the Olympics come back, I expect that the MVP of MAlta (ellis, of course) will get some consideration for a team leader.

I best not be with that chump Waldo again

Stop being a nancy. You were given the franchise tag.

Also, I will be happy to send all my materials to anyone who wants to run an Olympics again, but no way in hell am I investing that level of work into things.

I'd like to play instead of running a team if there were an olympics style tournament again.

But more on topic, I wouldn't mind doing another of these. I opened up the series on the Quad, and when the list dwindles, I wouldn't mind putting one together.

I was considering doing a styled music thread separate from my maintenance of the Quad Music Thread on "retconning," or smaller discussions on historical/lesser known genres, and I might be able to tailor that into a Pit Boss lecture.

I'd like to play instead of running a team if there were an olympics style tournament again.

But more on topic, I wouldn't mind doing another of these. I opened up the series on the Quad, and when the list dwindles, I wouldn't mind putting one together.

I was considering doing a styled music thread separate from my maintenance of the Quad Music Thread on "retconning," or smaller discussions on historical/lesser known genres, and I might be able to tailor that into a Pit Boss lecture.

CHILLWAVE CITY

If we do it and my life settles down, I'll help run the QO again.

Back