• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KEVIN JOHNSON

IMABEHERE

Reaction score
Love another Wake board to have as a daily run through!!!

I have been hearing GREAT things about KJ for a few months now. He has takin his game to a whole nother level. Apperently he has not had a ball caught on him yet this spring thru all the 1 on 1's, 7 on 7 and team (Lucky for him he doesnt cover Camp....haha)

The coaches have moved him to the left side which means he is their # 1 DB!!

I always knew this kid had the biggest upside of the top three DB's that came in last season but had no idea he would jump this far this fast!!

Corner was one of our biggest weaknesses last year on D. Kenny improved significantly from his freshman year, but he still was a step too slow and a few inches too short for most receivers. This is great news, and I hope these guys step it up this year.

yeah if anything kenny had a phons-like sophomore slump. i expect big things out of him this year.

I'm excited about our DBs this year. Really expecting big things from Okoro more than anyone else. He had a sub par sophmore year and I think he's going to be a good one for us this coming season.

yeah if anything kenny had a phons-like sophomore slump. i expect big things out of him this year.

Phonz was at least helpful as a nickelback and was a very effective blitzer. Helps that we still had Swanson and Patterson. It's harsh to say but Okoro was a joke last year. He got burnt regularly and his absurd yapping was ridiculous.

Look... Kenny Okoro is 6'0.5 and 200 pounds, runs a 4.48 electronic and has a 40" vertical jump.

Kevin Johnson is running with the 1's in Spring.

That means "Zip". KJ is going to be a real steal for the Deacs but Kenny Okoro is the top corner on the team and Dom Tate is not far behind.

Kenny, like Alphonso in his Soph season, tried to do to much. He left some of his responsibilities as he attempted to cover more field on a youth filled Defense.

The guys future is the National Football League provided they still have one...

I'm ready to see what Tate looks like after missing last season. He played great his Freshman year and I'm expecting big things from him over the next few seasons.

KJ is one of multiple prospects we have with big time ups...

Tate is a solid 5'10.5 and thick cut yet with the "V" build that gives him hip flexibility coming out of breaks. He is built like one of those Ohio State CB's when Tenuta served there circa 96-2000.

He's a kid who can jam the line and still has the needed speed to recover.

Back