• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference for NC State Planned for Today

DemonDeacon

Reaction score
AD Debbie Yow and Sidney Lowe met last night to discuss the future. Most State fans are expecting the firing to be announced.

I heard from a very reliable source that Lowe was actually fired a couple of months ago (after the Clemson loss), and all that was left was to finish up the season and figure out the settlements.

It would also appear that N.C State will be offering around $3 million to their next coach. This leads to me thinking that they are going big time again.

AD Debbie Yow and Sidney Lowe met last night to discuss the future. Most State fans are expecting the firing to be announced.

I heard from a very reliable source that Lowe was actually fired a couple of months ago (after the Clemson loss), and all that was left was to finish up the season and figure out the settlements.

It would also appear that N.C State will be offering around $3 million to their next coach. This leads to me thinking that they are going big time again.

Wow, this should be an interesting off-season. I can only hope that State picks up someone who won't embarrass us every year:mad:

Wow, this should be an interesting off-season. I can only hope that State picks up someone who won't embarrass us every year:mad:

I think it is much better for the conference if a third team steps up. N.C State is already getting outstanding talent and a good coach could push them over the top.

It is probably not good for Wake Forest, but it is much better for the ACC.

3 mil a year? Dammmnnnn.

How much does Calipari get at Kentucky? Just want a reference point.

Sidney Lowe has resigned as the N.C State head coach according to the News and Observer blog.

Press conference scheduled for 6:00

Names I have heard so far (some of which are obviously quite far fetched):

Rick Banes, Gregg Marshall, Shaka Smart, Mark Fox, Sean Miller, Tubby Smith.

NOOOOOOOOO @ Shaka Smart.

I heard him on a sports radio show a few weeks ago and fell in love with him. He is energetic and would provide an instant lift to the basketball program. He needs to stay 1 more year at VCU and then move here.

NOOOOOOOOO @ Shaka Smart.

I heard him on a sports radio show a few weeks ago and fell in love with him. He is energetic and would provide an instant lift to the basketball program. He needs to stay 1 more year at VCU and then move here.

I watched them play ODU in the CAA final this year, and his attack of the 2-3 zone was phenomenal. They did the same against our zone earlier in the year, but obviously we are not as fine tuned as ODU is.

Watch the Rams play in their game against USC in the First Four. You will be amazed at the fluidity of the offense. Jamie Skeen has also improved ten-fold since he left here. They are a great team to watch.

From the press conference so far (Yow)

>Paying Lowe every dime that was promised.
>Single digit coaching list and expects to get one
>Will hire a firm tomorrow or Wednesday for the search
>Will be competitive with the best schools across the country in terms of pay.

I'm completely and utterly jealous of every school right now which is firing a coach. State firing Lowe should be a time when we can fuck with State fans over their ridiculous search which landed them Lowe and more generally over the laughing stock their basketball program has become. But since we just enganged in a laughably fucked up search of our own, and we appear to be stuck with Bzzz in the short term, it doesn't make sense to mess with them right now. Plus I'd feel like a fool for even giving another school's fan shit, because I know when they look back at me all they're waiting to say is "Jeff [Redacted]," to which there is no reply. I can only wish we were out there seeking a coach of promise and merit, rather than being forced to come to terms with the fact we will suck until Bzzz is fired.

I wish I could laugh at this and be like hey state fans good luck with that...

but..

They would still laugh at us.

We have no ground to stand on when making fun of other fan bases.

Well, last time around, State hired a horrible coach AND made all the swing and misses quite public. At least we just hired a bad coach (although that certainly helped foster the notion that Wellman just went out and hired his buddy, which was a pretty serious downfall imo). It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I still think a quieter coaching search is the way to go though.

Back