• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

new borads

york1313

Reaction score
So I joined the new boards. What is new/better here than at DS?

also known as boards (shame)

Last edited:
So I joined the new boards. What is new/better here than at DS?

also known as boards (shame)

Better software, better features(youtube embedding, social media integration, eventual blog support), active moderators, active userbase and quite a few insiders, no profanity censor, NSFW tags, and many other features on the way.

Take a look around and get used to the site. Drop by any of the suggestions threads that are stickied at the top of each forum and let us know what you think might need changed or added.

Once you've shed the profanity censor you can never go back.

364-braveheart--125664920784196700.jpg

FREEEEEEDOOOMMMMM!

what is the reputation feature all about?
If you like (or dislike) somebody's post, you can give them reputation. The more good reputation they have, the more green bars under their post count they'll get. Bad reputation will increase their red bars. At least that's how it's worked on other boards I've been on. Helps distinguish between the Coach K's and the Bzdeliks of posters.

For about a two month period people kept getting viruses on the old board because of the ads that were being run. People regularly complained and we didn't hear a peep out of the mods and nothing was done for months. Eventually one of the mods did make a post on the matter- after the issue had supposedly been fixed. They could have said something much earlier and given people a heads up, maybe advised people to install script blocker as java script was how people were getting infected. The mods on here seem more proactive. I like that. Anyway, I guess that's just one more thing I did not like about the old boards. I did like the community on the old boards though. But I see that is quickly being recreated here- only with a bit more freedom to express yourself, which I personally like. I'm sure there will some bumps along the way for dv7 and the other mods but hopefully they can keep it together and keep this place growing.

I just think it's funny that the board with the so-called strict "civility" rules is anything but, and meanwhile on the board where anything goes it's pretty much kumbayaa.

I just think it's funny that the board with the so-called strict "civility" rules is anything but, and meanwhile on the board where anything goes it's pretty much kumbayaa.

Well eat shit.:thumbsup:

Back