• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting Thread

DemonDeacon

Reaction score
I figured this would be a great place to discuss recruiting for Wake Forest basketball.

Just saw that one time Wake Forest target Cezar Guerrero has committed to Oklahoma State University. At one point we were pretty high on his list, but I believe there was a mutual decline of interest by both parties.

Any news on that mysterious PF that transferred out of a Big 12 school that Buzz mentioned in one of his coach's shows? Kid is apparently a Juco now, so would be able to play next season if I understand the NCAA rules correctly. Which I probably don't.

Any news on that mysterious PF that transferred out of a Big 12 school that Buzz mentioned in one of his coach's shows? Kid is apparently a Juco now, so would be able to play next season if I understand the NCAA rules correctly. Which I probably don't.

Nothing that I have heard as of yet. You can play right away if you come from a JuCo.

I got a call from Buzz yesterday, he told me I had potential and maybe a good chance at some PT soon.

From what I've heard the Juco option is out of the question....

My guess would be that we are now looking at postgrads (a basketball version of Ben Mauk), European guys, and the 2011 players who either can't make up their minds or are leftovers. Have to imagine we'll sign one big body even if it's a complete stiff...

From what I've heard the Juco option is out of the question....

My guess would be that we are now looking at postgrads (a basketball version of Ben Mauk), European guys, and the 2011 players who either can't make up their minds or are leftovers. Have to imagine we'll sign one big body even if it's a complete stiff...

we really need a big guy no matter what. if he was a transfer or something, that would be fine. perhaps better even, if he might not be super skilled... then we wouldn't have a Joe Dukes on our hands and have to see someone transfer out. we could just graduate him quickly and not use 4 years of scholarship on someone who might not deserve it.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but is Andre Washington still a target? and is he a 2011 or 2012 guy?

we really need a big guy no matter what. if he was a transfer or something, that would be fine. perhaps better even, if he might not be super skilled... then we wouldn't have a Joe Dukes on our hands and have to see someone transfer out. we could just graduate him quickly and not use 4 years of scholarship on someone who might not deserve it.

I agree that if we end up with someone who is mostly just a big body and a space eater then it is much better for that person to be a one year post-grad especially IF (and this is a big if) [Redacted] can ink a really solid big man or two for 2012....

That article is hilarious. He said Penn State was cool when nobody else was recruiting him, but now he wants better.

That article is hilarious. He said Penn State was cool when nobody else was recruiting him, but now he wants better.

Really hope we get him, but from reading that article he sounds like the kind of player who is going to wait for one of the "name" programs to come in at the end and swoop him up...

Sounds like a douche, and learn how to talk kid, "and stuff like that" shouldn't finish EVERY sentence, or any sentences.

Back