• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Syracuse - Thursday, September 1st (Wake +6.5)

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
Per a Big East message board, there is a chance that the Wake @ Syracuse game on Labor Day weekend could be moved from Saturday Sept 3, to Sunday Sept 4.

Would cut into practice time for the State home game the following weekend. Could the potential better TV coverage outweigh that?

SEE LATER POSTS FOR CURRENT INFORMATION ON THURSDAY GAME

Last edited:
Good find, RTQ. I'd have to think that would improve TV coverage - but that's just a guess.

It'll be nice since there won't be any other football on Sundays for a while.

I plan on making the trip up there, so this would be a welcome change.

Terrible if it happens. WGAF about the Syracuse game in comparison to the State game. We need the practice time for the conference opponent.

it would certainly make the travel easier for fans.

I don't know much about Syracuse. How do the teams match up? Is this a game we could win?

it would certainly make the travel easier for fans.

I don't know much about Syracuse. How do the teams match up? Is this a game we could win?

Cuse made the Pinstrip Bowl last year. I think they will be slightly worse. Should be a fairly good game.

Cuse made the Pinstrip Bowl last year. I think they will be slightly worse. Should be a fairly good game.

The last Syracuse game was one of the most important games in Wake history. Mauk got injured during the third quarter, and Grobe sent in some RS-Fr named Skinner that no one had heard of. Maybe we will the "next" great Wake player up at Syracuse.

The possiblility of the Syracuse game being moved apparently still exists, per this West Virginia paper (which is more concerned with Marshall vs. W.Va.); excerpt:

The Sept. 3 date at Mountaineer Field is now one of two first-week Big East home games listed on the conference schedule as "date subject to change." The other movable game is Wake Forest at Syracuse.

ESPN has not announced a Thursday or Friday game for that opening week, and since it's a week before the NFL is scheduled to open - even if the lockout ends with a labor settlement - the possibility of a Sunday afternoon or night Coal Bowl also exists on Labor Day weekend.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201104050953

I plan on making the trip up there, so this would be a welcome change.

Same....only game that will be tough to make for the senior sweep (with the BC trip being fronted by the parentals). Clemson, Duke, and UNC are all easy road games.

I would be there is this game wasn't over Labor Day Weekend.

IIRC, the day you can start practices is tied to the day of your first game, isn't it? Didn't we start practicing a couple days early when we played Baylor on Thursday night?

That could be a downside to this, but I could be completely making things up.

The possiblility of the Syracuse game being moved apparently still exists, per this West Virginia paper (which is more concerned with Marshall vs. W.Va.); excerpt:

The Sept. 3 date at Mountaineer Field is now one of two first-week Big East home games listed on the conference schedule as "date subject to change." The other movable game is Wake Forest at Syracuse.

ESPN has not announced a Thursday or Friday game for that opening week, and since it's a week before the NFL is scheduled to open - even if the lockout ends with a labor settlement - the possibility of a Sunday afternoon or night Coal Bowl also exists on Labor Day weekend.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201104050953

love this

IIRC, the day you can start practices is tied to the day of your first game, isn't it? Didn't we start practicing a couple days early when we played Baylor on Thursday night?

That could be a downside to this, but I could be completely making things up.

You're correct.

Same....only game that will be tough to make for the senior sweep (with the BC trip being fronted by the parentals). Clemson, Duke, and UNC are all easy road games.

Man, that would be really cool to senior sweep. Let us know if you make it.

This thread is great. Love me some football.

bump! current rumor via Syracuse board has the WF @ Cuse game being moved to Thursday night, September 1.

linky.

I'm going to be so hammered down in Gainesville watching this game and screaming at the television. It'll be cute in an SEC town.

Back