• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fishin

Deacfan

Reaction score
Just wondered if there are any fishermen here. Personally I love it and have been deep sea fishing out in Hawaii, I fly fish up in the mountains all the time and down at the beach I do as well. Im going to go tarpon fishing at the Boca Grade pass in the next year or two.
But anyways this is just for the fishermen, post pics do w/e. :thumbsup:

I've never gotten into fishing, but anything that goes well with drinking bearz is good in my book.

I love fishing, but sadly I dont have the time to do it as much anymore. I live right on the Yadkin River, so some of my favorite memories are summers sitting on the bank fishing and drinking beer by the campfire. I guess my biggest highlight was catching a 10ft+ shark offshore fishing in the Keys last spring for a friends bachelors party. It took 5 of us 4 hours to get it up to the surface. Once we found out what it was, we promptly cut the line and let it go. Damn thing fought like a mother.

used to walk up the street and fish for small mouth bass, perch, and brim with my dad and sister but that's been years and years ago.

also used to do a little pier and beach fishing with the scouts on trips to the coast; that was always fun. went out on a boat with my dad and some business partners once for king mac which was awesome. don't think i've fished since spring '09 when a couple guys and i got on a group boat out from myrtle and caught some little fishes. enough to fry up for lunch anyway.

I've got an uncle and cousin who are big into fly fishing though... I've never tried it but I would like to someday. I really used to enjoy fishing in general, should probably try and make it out more often.

HeltonCreek is the expert on fly fishing.

I grew up on the water so have always loved fishing, predominantly saltwater, shallow waters. Will always enjoy a nice day of deep sea fishing as well but I become more of a tourist then than a real fisherman.

Forgot to mention, I grew up with my dad owning a bass boat. We had a place at Lake Norman and would fish for days on end it seemed. He sold that place/boat and bought a place at Emerald Isle, NC and a 25ft center console offshore rig. We've got a couple old river boats that are on their last leg. Once I get some disposable income, I'll be in the market for a used skiff.

Forgot to mention, I grew up with my dad owning a bass boat. We had a place at Lake Norman and would fish for days on end it seemed. He sold that place/boat and bought a place at Emerald Isle, NC and a 25ft center console offshore rig. We've got a couple old river boats that are on their last leg. Once I get some disposable income, I'll be in the market for a used skiff.

this is one of my futures

I loved fishing more than almost anything when I was a kid. Bass fishing especially. Haven't been in a long time :( I'd really like to find some places around here though. Would also like to go fishing up in the mountains and eat what I catch while camping. That will be a tough one to convince TWToy to do..

Love surf fishing. Never gone offshore but I wouldn't mind that either.

Nothing like tossing a line in, grabbing a beer and packing a lip and soaking up the sun. Love that you never know what's gonna be out there.

Also nothing like pretentious douches who saunter out onto the beach around noon when you've been there since dawn and try to ruin your day by setting up right next to you and then getting pissed when they aren't watching their children as they swim all around your line.

Love surf fishing. Never gone offshore but I wouldn't mind that either.

Nothing like tossing a line in, grabbing a beer and packing a lip and soaking up the sun. Love that you never know what's gonna be out there.

Also nothing like pretentious douches who saunter out onto the beach around noon when you've been there since dawn and try to ruin your day by setting up right next to you and then getting pissed when they aren't watching their children as they swim all around your line.

I caught your little misstep :D No worries, your secret is safe with me.

I can't even imagine how it would be fun for anyone to fish on the beach. Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

I caught your little misstep :D No worries, your secret is safe with me.

I can't even imagine how it would be fun for anyone to fish on the beach. Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

:internets:'

I figured someone would.

I loved fishing more than almost anything when I was a kid. Bass fishing especially. Haven't been in a long time :( I'd really like to find some places around here though. Would also like to go fishing up in the mountains and eat what I catch while camping. That will be a tough one to convince TWToy to do..

the watauga is solid and the south holston is one of the best in the nation if you like fly fishing.

I am a fisherman. I fish for catfish exclusively in freshwater, and will spend many weekends in the summer surf fishing up and down the NC coast. I also fish for flounder in the IWW and love heading out to the artificial reefs just offshore near BHI.

Would you consider selling any of those? I've been looking for a cheap old john boat for many years.

When I say last leg, I mean Nancy Kerrigan leg, really bad shape. They're both converted ski boats from the 1960s. The transom is rotten/split in one of them making it no longer seaworthy, and my 350lb brother stepped through the bottom of the other. They're just hanging around until we can build a big bonfire and get rid of them.

The one silver lining of the economy being absolutely shitty is that you can get boats for next to nothing nowadays. I'm hoping this will be the case in a couple years when I am in the market for another one.

When I say last leg, I mean Nancy Kerrigan leg, really bad shape. They're both converted ski boats from the 1960s. The transom is rotten/split in one of them making it no longer seaworthy, and my 350lb brother stepped through the bottom of the other. They're just hanging around until we can build a big bonfire and get rid of them.

The one silver lining of the economy being absolutely shitty is that you can get boats for next to nothing nowadays. I'm hoping this will be the case in a couple years when I am in the market for another one.

ie pretty beat

I hope so too. I'm never gonna be in the market for anything too expensive but I've been eyeing some kind of bare bones aluminum boat for years now. Something that can get out on the water so I can fish. Just need a real job to be able to afford it.

Back