• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How To Fix The NBA

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
How do we fix it? Because outside of about five cities nobody cares about it for long stretches of the season. However I have to admit that the finals can at times be captivating.

Here's some ideas:

- Retraction - I say cut/merge 4 teams
- Cut the schedule down to 70 games
- Work with the college game to institute a draft entry rule where you have to wait 2-years or come out immediately. By cutting the rosters down by 4 teams, and like 48-60 players, I feel like teams would take a lot less chances on high school kids, as opposed to one-and-doners
- Set a hard cap, but also install a minimum cap number. It would give the league more parody and help to lessen the fan discontent brought on by knowing that players like Jerome James make $10 million/year.

Any other ideas?

there is no way you are cool enough for your new screen name.

sorry dude (Braskyprink), when you're not funny you're not funny

Last edited:
If anything needs fixing today, its the NFL. Their shit is straight broke.

But the NBA is fine. Great product.

I have the same issue I have with MLB, too many games in a season, too much of a time commitment to follow your team completely.

The only problem with cutting the season by 12 games is when do you start the year and when do you finish it? The NBA starts in what? October? It starts at the perfect time for me because I am starting to pine for the product. And you don't want to end the regular season and start the playoffs before the March Madness is done, so you are left playing fewer games a month.

I like the product. What I would like to see is something resembling the British Premier league. The problem is not too many teams, it is too few good to very good organizations. The Clippers should not be allowed to exist with Sterling. Either you create a system where he is forced to sell because he has let his franchise wallow for too long, or you bump him down to the USBL so he has to sell (for a huge loss).

The bad product is not because players suck or the league is too diluted. It is because there are a handful of Clipper franchises. Make them pay for handcuffing their fans.

Back