• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Organized Religion Dying...

been dying a while. if you're a jesus follower organized religion may actually be in the way.

For a very long time the Church (Big C) was a service org. Now, it's more of a social club and money making machine where very little "helping" goes on comparatively.

Careful bro, I essentially said that with perhaps a few harsher terms (I think racket comes to mind) and I was labeled a racist and bigot on the other boards :panda:

Let's start a church and invite everyone to come join from their own church.

Careful bro, I essentially said that with perhaps a few harsher terms (I think racket comes to mind) and I was labeled a racist and bigot on the other boards :panda:

Every church I have visited in the last 4 years has had the same basic sermon/sales pitch: They need money to send 10 people somewhere in Africa/Asia to build a church, or they need money to make their own church bigger. It's pretty freaking sad. The only time my home church asks for money (outside of the collection plate) is for building maintenance, because it's 200 years old.

Every church I have visited in the last 4 years has had the same basic sermon/sales pitch: They need money to send 10 people somewhere in Africa/Asia to build a church, or they need money to make their own church bigger. It's pretty freaking sad. The only time my home church asks for money (outside of the collection plate) is for building maintenance, because it's 200 years old.

If you went to my church, I'd start a collection to send you to Africa/Asia, or someplace with no internet access.

If your church is 200 years old and needs lots of money to keep from falling a part, I think that's god's way of telling you its time to buy a bulldozer.

lI0hr.png

Back