• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Minutes for Bball team next year

wakesquirrel

Reaction score
Tried to figure out where all our minutes will come from next year now that Ari is gone. I slotted Katenda in hoping that we can lock him up this weekend. Not sure who will fill in for his 20 minutes if we can't land him. Please come to Wake Eric!

PG TC 20 Fields 10 CJ 10

SG CJ 20 JT 15 Fischer 5

SF McKie 22 JT 13 Katenda 5

PF Katenda 15 McKie 10 Carson 5 Nikita 5 Green 5

C Carson 20 Walker 20

Totals:
McKie 32
CJ 30
JT 28
Carson 25
TC 20
Katenda 20
Walker 20
Fields 10
Nikita 5
Fisher 5
Green 5

I don't know if we're ready to talk about basketball again yet. We need some time to heal.

I seriously doubt we have an eleven man rotation. Also these things never work out exactly because players get injured/suspended.

If we do get Katenda, I think the starting lineup will be Harris, Terrell, Katenda, McKie, Carson, with Fields, Fischer, Nikita and Ty playing normal backup minutes. I was thoroughly unimpressed by Chennault last season, and Green is said to be a project.

Last edited:
Tabb would pretty much replace Katenda's minutes if he he comes back and Eric goes elsewhere. I didn't have Green in the original breakdown, but I figured Bz might throw him out there to see what he could do.

Great new board!

Thank you for the invitation, IrishSlim!

I used Wake Forest 's statistical information from last season and ran a Monte Carlo Simulation using my own algorithm. My simulation predicted a 18% winning percentage for Wake Forest next year. Good luck!

Roger sends

I think Green could play 8 to 10 minutes a game. He needs some more size, but I've heard he's a pretty good rebounder/shotblocker.

I think the guy whose minutes would be most affected by Katenda would be Nikita.

In the very slim chance that we land Lekan.. where do you guys think he'd be on the C depth chart?

If he is truly physical and rebounds well, I could see him at the top of that rotation.

Great new board!

Thank you for the invitation, IrishSlim!

I used Wake Forest 's statistical information from last season and ran a Monte Carlo Simulation using my own algorithm. My simulation predicted a 18% winning percentage for Wake Forest next year. Good luck!

Roger sends

I missed this guy!

This is not to insult CJ at all, but we don't need him playing 30 minutes a game.

I want JTT to start at the 2. If he does what he needs to in the off-season I think he will start at the 2.

I would say:

CJ
JTT
Katenda (if we get him)
McKie (out of necessity)
Carson

I hope Fields or TC turns into a baller and starts at point for us by the halfway point of the season.

This is not to insult CJ at all, but we don't need him playing 30 minutes a game.

I want JTT to start at the 2. If he does what he needs to in the off-season I think he will start at the 2.

I would say:

CJ
JTT
Katenda (if we get him)
McKie (out of necessity)
Carson

I hope Fields or TC turns into a baller and starts at point for us by the halfway point of the season.

Agree with both of these.

Wasn't Katenda 6'9'' 240 before his appendix had to come out? That seems like much better size for a 4 than 3, especially when compared to Travis.

I think Fields will be a great fit for us if he lives up to his billing as a speedy defensive stopper who unselfishly manages an offense.

I think Fields will be a great fit for us if he lives up to his billing as a speedy defensive stopper who unselfishly manages an offense.

From what I have seen he is fairly good on defense, but could use some work going to his left (normal for freshmen), and he does execute well on offense. I think he could take the backup PG spot. Not sure where that leaves CJ/TC. Hopefully TC matures a lot this offseason and is ready to take over the 1 so CJ can go back to the 2. We have a good amount of depth at the #2 which is nice.

Would be shocked if Ty ends up averaging 20 minutes a game for us next year from everything I've seen and heard...

Back