• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Anderson leaves Mizzou for Arkansas

seventwofour

Reaction score
My dream coach. Wish he stayed with the Tigers. Sounded like he was gonna stick around Columbia. Favorite Anderson-coached team clip:

Last edited:
That's an insane play. Good outcome too.

GoDeacs07GM mentioned the other day his name came up during our coaching search last year. First I'd heard of it, but man, I'd love to watch that style of ball on Tobacco Road

GoDeacs07GM mentioned the other day his name came up during our coaching search last year. First I'd heard of it, but man, I'd love to watch that style of ball on Tobacco Road

I love Missouri's style, but I think there were very few programs that could pull him from Missouri. He turned down a bunch of money from Georgia to stay at Missouri.

Games would be fun to watch at the very least. I'm not sure that style has what it takes to be a consistent contender, though. Makes sense he's going back to Arkansas as a Nolan Richardson guy.

Not sure it could be duplicated, but Nolan had a great run at Arkansas before the wheels fell off the bus. The Hogs won 20 or more games 12 out of 14 seasons from 1987-1988 through 2000 - 2001, made the NCAA 13 out of 14 seasons(made the NIT Final Four the one year they didn't make the tourney), and advanced to the Sweet 16 or further 6 times. In a 6 year span from 89-90 through 94-95 they made the Final Four three teams (won it all of course in 94) and also made it to the elite eight one other time in that span.

I haven't watched a Mike Anderson team since he was at UAB, is he still running the 40 Minutes of Hell?

That's great. If Pelphrey's recruiting class stays and buys into that style they could be exciting as hell next year. The SEC West can use all the help it can get, they suck.

Games would be fun to watch at the very least. I'm not sure that style has what it takes to be a consistent contender, though. Makes sense he's going back to Arkansas as a Nolan Richardson guy.

Contending at Arkansas or hypothetically coaching at Wake? I would take an Elite Eight and some NCAA appearances the last 3 years.

Anderson proved the style does work. UAB and Missouri were highly competitive and won a ton of games. 1 regular season 'ship at UAB and the Tigers won the Big 12 tourney in 08-09 season.

Back