• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef All Stars (spoilers)

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
What do you think of last night's ep?

I think its Richard's to win, but Mike's been cooking well. Mike is one of the best at execution but his creativity level is much lower than Blaise.

Felt bad for Antonia but she's got to feel good about being 3rd in such heavy competition.

Mike is not the most likeable person but he has been coming on really strong of late. Always thought it was Richard's competition to win. Should be a good finale.

Any of the final 3 were deserving of getting to the final. Antonia had her chances but couldn't get a win in any of the episode's competitions.

I was rooting Mike last night, but I thought he was done. It seemed like people enjoyed Antonia's amuse bouche more than his. They most have taken the total body of work into account when making that decision.

Mike seems like a different person/chef right now, but I can still see him getting worked by Blais in the finale.

I was pretty sure when Tom said he liked Mike's better that he would be through, of course stupid Padma liked Antonia's better. Tom is like Simon Cowell what he says goes.

I was pretty sure when Tom said he liked Mike's better that he would be through, of course stupid Padma liked Antonia's better. Tom is like Simon Cowell what he says goes.

So do you think that vote was legit or did they fake it just to create some drama?

I lost interest after Angelo lost.
Richard is the best from the three (now two) left.
This was one more season of us listening to Padma talk no sense. She is super hot and hence tolerable.

So do you think that vote was legit or did they fake it just to create some drama?

No, RJ is right, what Tom says goes.

That's why I think Rich has it in the bag, Tom hates Mike Isabella with a passion plus Tom knows that Blaise is a great chef and is deserving of TC.

Following Tom on Twitter has given me a better impression of him, he's pretty funny.

They definitely faked the vote... didnt think Mike should have had to do the final bite thing though, as hes been dominating lately and im not convinced his food was closer to antonias level then blaises...

still should have been dale, richard and isabella.

dale could have cooked for moriomoto :noracist

I don't know why everyone is so high on Dale, dude cooked Asian stuff and won, then when he had to leave his comfort zone, he choked 3 weeks in a row finally getting booted off.

Should he have made the Bahamas over Tiffany? Yes.

Is he really a Top Chef? No.

I was annoyed that they're still fucking around will all of the curveballs and melodramatic filming. Once you get down to the final 5 or so (especially in this season), just let them cook and stop with all of the cliche cliffhangers. I realize they do this so that they'll get more viewers, but damn it's annoying.

I really liked Blais during his season, and during the first half of this one; however, he's devolved into some sort of bipolar, paranoid, malcontent. Perhaps this is indicative of the grueling nature of this season, but it's hard to root for this personality, even though I still love watching him conceptualize and cook.

I would be happy with either one winning. I just hope it's a hell of a finale.

the one bite thing seemed a bit silly to me, as it appeared (from their comments) that Antonia had made the worst dish of the night.

I was annoyed that they're still fucking around will all of the curveballs and melodramatic filming. Once you get down to the final 5 or so (especially in this season), just let them cook and stop with all of the cliche cliffhangers. I realize they do this so that they'll get more viewers, but damn it's annoying.

:werd:

On a similar note, I didn't like how last week's challenge involved swimming for conch and dealing with shitty grilles. Not nearly on the same level, but it reminded me of the target challenge. These chefs are damn talented. I just want to see them do cool shit in the kitchen and not have to play silly games.

agreed that they should have gotten away from the gimicks quicker. cooking over fire on the beach in a storm is ridiculous as a top 4 challenge.

i think the final is correct. the rest of the season, eh, some people in particular could/should have made it farther, but ultimately i think this is where it would have ended up. i also agree that blaise is a nutcase and he's hard to root for, but his mental crap is second to mike's cocky assholeishness.

I really liked Blais during his season, and during the first half of this one; however, he's devolved into some sort of bipolar, paranoid, malcontent. Perhaps this is indicative of the grueling nature of this season, but it's hard to root for this personality, even though I still love watching him conceptualize and cook.

I would be happy with either one winning. I just hope it's a hell of a finale.

Hah, I find him much more likable now than he was in his season.

the one bite thing seemed a bit silly to me, as it appeared (from their comments) that Antonia had made the worst dish of the night.

I'm assuming they played that up a bit but that the real meal played a role as well. There's no way the judges just completely disregarded the meals and based their decision 100% on the one bite. Plus it explains why Mike won even though the majority seemed to prefer Antonia's last bite...

I think the envelope was for the Morimoto factor, since he was gonna be tough to cook for...

I think the envelope was for the Morimoto factor, since he was gonna be tough to cook for...

Agree completely. I still think that Richard is going to win in the finale for most of the reasons you said. Mike has been impressive in the Bahamas though, but I still think that Richard knows that he blew his chance before and won't let that happen again.

Back