• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 3/24

DeaconKing

Reaction score
Eric Katenda arrives to Winston today. He's our no. 1 remaining 2011 taget. I originally was told that Travis Mckie was hosting him but now another person told me Tony Chennault. Either way, people close to the program feel good about this. If Katenda leaves without committing though, that feeling will change quickly. Cross your fingers... If we don't get him we will probably just take whatever big body will have us for 2011 and thats not a joke. Notre Dame remains our biggest competitar for Katenda.

Codi Miller-McIntyre will be attending Hargrave Military Academy next year, as was posted here a few days ago by another super-user.

Lekan Ajayi, a big man, is still on our radar but who knows if we are on his. Florida State and Miami are now potential schools for him, but I still think he ends up at Seton Hall when its all over. Some of you asked "why not Wake," and I did some digging around town. Some of his "handlers," it seems don't think Wake is the best place for him even though some of his family members really like Wakes education. So who knows. I will add that while some guessed maybe it had something to do with Fields, that doesn't seem to be the case. They are friends, not great friends though, so from what I know at this point it seems like the commitment of Fields had no affect on Lekan one way or another.

Stefan Jankovic a forward, continues to look good for us but all bets are off if WVU and Huggins get serious about him.

2012 names, some old, some new: Andre Washington, a center, Zach Auguste a wing forward, , Andrew White a wing forward,, RJ Hunter a guard, and Reggie Dillard, a guard.

Also some of you asked about a potential postgrad. I stress this is very potential and some bigtime Big East teams are after him. But keep an eye out for Olu Ashaolu . Hes a big body thats graduating from Louisiana Tech and still has one year of eligibility remaining. 6'7, 225, averaged 14 points and 9 rebounds a game for La. Tech, and choset hem out of high school over some BE schools like Rutgers. His release from La. Tech was just granted or is being finished up now, I believe. Were taking a look at him at this point, thats all.

Great info! Thanks!

Thank god Katenda is coming on a gorgeous day like today.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be at a place like this, especially when compared East Friggin Bend.

just so you guys know Tony C may be his official host but Tony C and Travis McKie are roommates so he is basically being hosted by McKie too

Thanks for the update. Really want Katenda. We should have put up wanted signs. :p

Did you watch some La Tech games and see him play? If so, thoughts on his game?

I don't knoes anything about him, but if some big time Big East schools are after him than that's probably a good sign.

Thanks for the info DeaconKing, your efforts are much appreciated.

TC and Mckie need to really rep WF. Katenda would be a huge get!

If the staff wants him I hope we get him, but isn't he mainly an outside player--not the inside presence we really need?

He's an athletic forward with good size (was 240 before his appendicitis). We'll take that for sure, especially if he is a good rebounder.

Have seen White play a couple times...big guard, reclassified to work on his game and get stronger and it was a very smart play for him as it took him from a midmajor player to a highmajor prospect.

Smart, good shooter, could improve his handles and court vision...would assume he's back on our radar because of Ari leaving.

Super User Poser...Out.

Thanks for putting this together. I really hope Katenda likes his visit today, and that he pulls the trigger this week. Also, I hadn't heard about the kid from Louisiana Tech, thanks for that nugget. Hope that we can land him if the coaches think he will contribute(which it sounds like they do)

As for the person who asked for scholarship amounts:
(All these are next year's roster)

Fields(Freshman)
Fischer(Fresh)
Green(Fresh)
Terrell (Sophomore)
Chennault(Soph)
Desroisers(Soph)
McKie(Soph)
Harris(Junior)
Walker(Senior)
Nikita(Senior)

By that count, we have 10 scholarship players next year right now. Could be as many as 12, if Tabb comes back and we get Katenda. For 2012, that would leave us 3 scholarships, which we have two committed right now. Numbers might change though

Back