• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones

Just started the book this week. I'm about 200 pages in. Very good so far.

Started reading the series because of a thread I saw about it on the Quad. I'm about a third of the way into book #4. Great series. Sucks to have to wait a few months for #5 and then god knows how long for #6 and #7.

Interested to know how much the HBO series will cover and how long it will last. I would think the production costs for it would be higher than some of the other historical dramas they've made.

Don't have HBO, still trying to figure out where I'm going to watch this. Does Wake have HBO? maybe we'll just take over a classroom.

Dance w/ Dragons comes out after this first TV season.

Martin has said that book 6 is nearly written as well, so I expect that to come out in 2012/13. Hopefully he's got at least notes for a conclusion just in case he strokes out in the next couple of years.

Don't have HBO, still trying to figure out where I'm going to watch this. Does Wake have HBO? maybe we'll just take over a classroom.

Or just bust out 9 bucks a month for a couple of months.

A friend of mine suggested the series to me in the 2004/05 timeframe (4th book was relatively new in paperback at that point), and in ridiculous anticipation of the HBO series, I've just started a re-read.

An HBO show based on the "Song of Ice and Fire" books by George R R Martin. HBO is taking the title of its series from the first book.

Not sure I get the whole 'eagle's butthole' jokes though.

I'm on the phone and bored. I didn't the word "of" in the title and thought it wass "game thrownes"/seats people have created to watch games in their homes...ooops my bad.

I love the books. I'm a little concerned about how it will translate into a tv show since the story is so sprawling and there are characters that don't interact at all. Still looking forward to it though.

Back