• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Noodles Neal and Mark price to Ga Tech?

This sounds like Sidney Lowe part 2, but I guess he at least has some college experience.

Price also worked as an assistant under Cremins and was a hed coach in the Australian pro league.

Guess GT is eschewing the big-name hire. Not willing to pony up the $$$?

Courtesy interview for a pair of former players who want exposure and some alumni who are their friends. Absolutely nothing is going to come of this.

GT won't make a single move until Richmond is eliminated from the tournament. This coaching search is Chris Mooney and "some other guys".

Courtesy interview for a pair of former players who want exposure and some alumni who are their friends. Absolutely nothing is going to come of this.

GT won't make a single move until Richmond is eliminated from the tournament. This coaching search is Chris Mooney and "some other guys".

This. Price was an asst for one year at Tech and he coached that Australian team for five games. Wojcik denied being contacted, and it will basically come down to Chris Mooney first and foremost. If they can't agree to terms then it will go down the list of other successful mid-major coaches.

"Reports yesterday had Tulsa’s Doug Wojcik also interviewing for the job as well."

Who was in W-S longer: Wojcik or Konner Tucker?

GT isn't exactly flush with cash with the major renovation they are starting & Hewitt's buyout. But I think Neal/Price is a smoke screen.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-b...ching-search/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

Doug Wojcik was never a coach @ Wake, but his brother Dave was.

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/wojcik_dave00.html

Yep and Dave is at Boise State now. Sports by Brooks put up a report saying Tech offered to Brian Gregory. Here was my post on DS about it...

So apparently there has been a lot of talk of Brian Gregory being offered by Tech. I still think that Tech will talk with both Mooney and/or Smart officially before offering the job to anyone. According to Sports by Brooks, the total staff salary is $1.5 million which is very low. Hewitt's assistants last year made $120, $94, $111 with the ops guy making $105. That doesn't include the assistant operations position there.

That all being said, SbB isn't the most reliable website, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I think Tech might have spoken to Gregory, but I don't think he has an offer on the table.

Back