• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From the Office of the President

Nathan O'Hatch

Reaction score
Greetings,

First off I would just like to say hello and welcome you all to the Wake Forest Community. We are a family here, and just like a family, we don't judge each other on silly things like "post season wins" or "SAT Scores."

Many of you are questioning the [Redacted] hiring, and I really can't explain it. Ole' Ronny flew off the handle with that one. I think he may have drank a little too much of Sigma Chi's punch the night before, or maybe he got lost in Deke's basement, but whatever the case, I guess he just didn't feel like making an informed decision the next morning. Look, we all make mistakes. Remember, even though our basketball program is struggling, Ron is responsible for all our football team's continued success. Brad Stevens probably wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Luckily, some of our former student athletes are finding success in other areas. Jamie Skeen, for instance, has progressed all the way to the Sweet 16 with post moves that he apparently had no interest in learning while here in Winston-Salem. I will be contacting VCU in the immediate future and inquiring if we can get Shaka Smart as the "compensation to be agreed upon later" from the Skeen trade. James Johnson, Jeff Teague, Ish Smith, and Al-Farouq Aminu are all now plying their trade in the NBA and making more money than any of you scrubs, but not quite as much as me. The 2009 basketball tournament should remain a shining example that anyone, even little ole' Wake Forest, can get blown out by a no-name mid major in the first round of the NCAAs with ONLY four NBA players in the starting line-up.

But, like the commercial says, most student athletes "go pro" in something other than the sport they play in college. Here at Wake Forest, we work hard to produce well-rounded individuals that are prepared to follow their dreams after college. Kevin "the Franchise" Swinton placed third in the regional paintball championships this year. Gary Clark was just hired as a traveling salesman for Rogaine. Riley Skinner has found work in Charlotte under the stage name "Remington." Josh Adams is now pursuing his GED.

I want you all to know that I will be here to serve any and all of you should you need any guidance in this new forum. I will be in touch. Go Deacs. RIP Nate Dogg.

Pro Humanitate,

Nathan O.Hatch

Need an update, Nathan, from your 2011 post.

Back