• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Four

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Figured I would get this thread up.

Should be back from classes in time to watch the Clemson-UAB game. I have Clemson over WVU in the "2nd round", so I have a rooting interest here.

I have Clemson/UAB upset as well, but I don't care which one does it. Was thinking Clemson when I made my bracket tho

If UAB wins then I think they make a case for being in the tournament, no?

Great first game with UNC-A getting the win over AKLR

Clemson-UAB tipping in 30 minutes.

I'm kinda iffy on Clemson despite saying that I will pick them. I gotta see how they come out because they may be beat after so much travel in a week.

I do not understand why some of these play in games are for 12 and 11 seeds? Wouldnt that mean you already deserve a spot in the tourney

I do not understand why some of these play in games are for 12 and 11 seeds? Wouldnt that mean you already deserve a spot in the tourney

idk I don't think UAB deserves to be there haha.

It's for ratings. I will be eager to see the difference in the ratings from the UNC-A game to the Clemson game.

UAB-Clemson and VCU-USC should both be fairly entertaining games imo.

Not a bad game to start off, though. If anything, I think the teams that come out of these play-in games (not the 16 seeds) are going to be in better shape, having a game under their belts and all the jitters gone.

If we get rid of auto-bids, sure.

It's to increase ratings (first and foremost) since more will watch this than if we had the worst 8 teams play to get in, but I guess the argument could be made that they won their auto bid tourney and deserve to get in, while Clemson, UAB, and one of USC/VCU wouldn't have been in the tournament without expansion.

The "last four" playing for the non-16 seeds were the last four on the S-Curve to get in on at-large bids. I actually like the system though.

I'd really like to see Clemson pull out this win for the ACC. If they lose tonight then all we have is FSU and the other two teams that will remained unnamed...

What's going on here? Clock errors? Mike Davis gave a fake smile when they told him what was up...

If we get rid of auto-bids, sure.

It's to increase ratings (first and foremost) since more will watch this than if we had the worst 8 teams play to get in, but I guess the argument could be made that they won their auto bid tourney and deserve to get in, while Clemson, UAB, and one of USC/VCU wouldn't have been in the tournament without expansion.

The "last four" playing for the non-16 seeds were the last four on the S-Curve to get in on at-large bids. I actually like the system though.

I mean I get that. My point is why do two 16 play ins and two 12 play ins/ Why not make 8 teams play for 12 seeds? Or 8 teams play for 8 seeds?

Smart is also an outstanding coach and is fun to watch.

Clemson up 15-5 early.

Back