• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Euchre, anyone?

OrigScreaminDemon

Reaction score
After a casual mention on the Chat Thread early this morning, I got a few responses indicating that there were some posters who understand the awesomeness that is Euchre. OSDToy and I have had a few posters/friends to Chez OSD for food, drinks and cards in the past, and are having another small gathering tomorrow evening.

Are there any others out there who know how to play Euchre and may be interested in a Euchre gathering sometime in the future?

i learned how to play Eucre in Spain with some Midwesterners who taught me. I couldn't play right now if my life depended on it, but I remember that when i did know how to play, it was pretty fun.

I played it daily in high school, and when I got to Wake no one had ever heard of it. Haven't played it much since except for online. I do know that lbE plays, though.

I would probably be up for something as we inch towards summer.

What does Euchre have over spades? Spades is the greatest card game to play while drinking ever.

When we had this thread on the Quad, some people mentioned Oh Hell, which I've learned and now play the shit out off (especially when drinking). That and Spades are my go to trump games, but I'd totally be up for learning if you'll teach OSD.

Euchre is awesome because the hands go so quickly. O Hell is tremendous when drinking because somebody is always getting screwed and it involves a ton of yelling.

What does Euchre have over spades? Spades is the greatest card game to play while drinking ever.

Euchre only uses the 9 through Ace cards. The hands go much faster, less math to do as well...when you are playing with experienced players, the hands can last les than 15 seconds. Having played spades for many years as well, I have found that Euchre promotes more drinking and shit-talking, while maintaining the integrity of the game itself.

When we had this thread on the Quad, some people mentioned Oh Hell, which I've learned and now play the shit out off (especially when drinking). That and Spades are my go to trump games, but I'd totally be up for learning if you'll teach OSD.

OSDToy is a very good Euchre player, as is lalark (from the OLD BOARDS). I am sure that we could host a Euchre learning session/tournament/drunkfest sometime soon when the weather is consistantly warm...we could set up several (at least 5) tables indoors and out at our place.

Euchre is awesome. I'm sure I could google it but is O hell the same as "up and down the river"?

eh, I don't know if I'd like really short hands. Spades is about the perfect length hands for me.

Sheepshead is fun too if you have the right number of players

1119379849_1542683295_f74031d072d8f1a99e1693692ab697d980807807.jpg

This is timely. My wife and I got invited to a euchre party last Sunday that we went to last night. She spent all week studying and downloading some game on her phone, whereas I was going to just plan to watch and drink. Then I kinda got forced into a game, had no idea what I was doing, and regretted not reading up on it before. Seemed kinda fun though. I really thought Euchre was for the #olds, like bridge.

Back